Include TSS value of Strength training

I have a question, should we include Load value of Strength training sessions as well. So it will deflect in the Fitness chart

1 Like

I posed the same question to Alan Couzens. He and I agree that it’s a good idea. It is load on the body, and it does add to fitness (via improved biomechanics). I would, however, adjust the load values in Settings.

3 Likes

I have a question to that. If my apple watch uploads a strength training it shows “Belastung 0 (15)”.
Why does it say 0 and 15 in squares? I would like to take the strain (TSS?) into my fitness consideration since I do mixed sports (to track my recovery need as well!).

Do I need to change a setting?

the 15 is the calc tss/stress…
the 0 is the stress being taken into acc.
change in /Settings… put fitness as 100% i think…

1 Like

Uff just found this setting as well. Since I do crossfit, do you think it makes sense to set it up as 100/100? I think the cardioload will led to fitness as well!
But mainly i want to track my cycling, but i want to take in account the other sports for fatigue… well maybe also for fitness.

TL/DR: Yes, I changed my “Workout” setting to 100%/100% for the CrossFit warm ups, since they tend to be more than “spin lightly for 10 minutes” haha.

I just started Crossfit a few weeks ago (ow lol), and I wear a Garmin Instict Crossover, so I use the “Change Sport” function, which means it records a single multisport session of several phases. Normally, you see Resume and Save when you hit your Stop button, but the Change Sport button is below that if you scroll down.

For a typical CrossFit workout at my box, we do a warmup, then a strength conditioning bit (currently Wendler cycles on benchmark lifts like deadlift or shoulder press), then the WOD. On my Garmin, I use “Cardio” for the warmup, “Strength” for the strength portion, and “HIIT” for the WOD/MetCon portion of the hour. In Intervals, those become Workout, Weight Training, and HIIT segments, respectively.

So, partly due to CrossFit warmups being more involved than a normal warmup, I use the Cardio setting in Garmin, which becomes “Workout” when imported to Intervals. Since it’s pretty silly that Cardio → Workout → 0% [cardio] fitness, I bumped my Workout to 100% fitness.

ETA: I don’t run, and use the rowing machine or those evil air bikes instead, thus no miles recorded :wink:

It all contributes to fitness and fatigue. It’s great to have a setting here to temper it’s contribution to your fitness. For me, 100%. Weight training contri’s about 20 to 40 tss per workout.