Import workout .*FIT File on calendar?

is there a special reason why i can’t import a *.fit workout and only *.zwo, +.mrc, *.erg on the calendar?
Mostly i have only *.fit files of my Trainings!

the typical formats being used for training are ZWO( new from zwift), mrc and erg (long ago standard i think) for indoor trainings.

While FIT is now a standard from Garmin, i’ve not actually seen many of the major players actually doing FIT file training format for indoor trainings.

Curious, where are your .FIT training files coming from?

i using enduco App AI based Training:

FIT File export is easy there, they export them to Garmin, for other file formats i have to work with Dropbox or so, but that means you have todo many things manually instead of automatic

1 Like

I have fit workout file import on the todo list. Please mail me some of those files (david@intervals.icu). Tx.

1 Like

It looks like the 80/20 workout library also includes .fit files if you want some more to test

https://www.8020endurance.com/8020-workout-library/

1 Like

it looks like you only can get a .zwo file when the workout is powerbased, when the workout as in my case is hr-based running then i only have a .fit

Intervals.icu can now import workouts from fit files. I am working on exporting workouts as fit files to complete the loop and then I will do an announcement.

2 Likes

Will this include exporting completed activities as fit files also? :wink:

Well its quite the same work but I am going to do that soon.

2 Likes

It would be such a good feature once implemented - thanks!

works great, thx, imported hr based running fit file! :innocent:

ooops, there goes something wrong, at the end of the workout there is a longer duration added (a possible extra 10min cooldown?):
my bike training for today is 0:43:40 on TP

imported FIT file on intervals.icu shows 53 minutes:

you need the .FIT file?

That is a step with no distance or duration just OPEN with no target power etc… Intervals.icu likes every step to have a duration or distance so I turn those into 10m Z1 using whatever target the rest of the workout uses (power/HR/pace).

I could just drop it if it is the last step?

if it would be easy, then without this step, otherwise you don’t reach your goal of 100%, but no problem when it isn’t easy, anyway thanks for the fast implementation

Tx. I already deployed an update to leave the last step out if it is OPEN. Looks like TP always tacks that on.

1 Like

For some reason cannot import any FIT file to intervals.icu.

Are you trying to import a workout or an activity?

For some reason automatically synchronized activity was containing inaccurate data. I deleted the activity and tried to import it as .fit file again.
No success so far.

For activity files you have to use the Upload button on the calendar page.

If the file is not accepted by Intervals, first try to open the file on fitfileviewer.com to check if it is readable.
If it is, send the file to david for inspection. He will check why it isn’t importing in Intervals.

1 Like

It works! Thanks for support.
P. S. After re- check I found same data inaccuracy issue.