Import workout .*FIT File on calendar?

@david

I tried to re-import a FIT workout File (which was exported directly from intervals.icu) and it failed for

This is the workout file, I just did a “download → FIT” then tried to re-import it

I have a user who is trying to import FIT workout files (from TP i think) and I’m researching how to support these sort of files from Dropbox.

You need to import workouts into a folder in your training library or over an existing workout from the edit dialog:

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks. Now I know how to import workouts. Silly me thought its the same process as uploading an activity.

Additional question…

This is the workout exported from intervals.icu

This is the result. (of above workout exported from intervals.icu)

I think the reason for the Exported FIT file to look like that is that Garmin isn’t able to handle RAMP steps? And fixed Power (eg: 80%) are converted to a +/-3w range…

Wow… it’s gonna be some amount of work to parse FIT files and get the app to be able to play nice. I wonder how Garmin is able to control Trainers using ERG mode w/ +/-3W Power Ranges… Likely it just sends the actual power target and uses the +/-3w for “out of power range” visual alerts.

Tx

When you export a workout as a fit file Intervals.icu uses ranges power for outdoor rides (no for indoor) and ranges for HR targets because it is hard to hit an exact HR number.

1 Like