Ignore power, HR and/or pace for parts of activities

You can now ignore power, heart rate and/or pace for parts of activities instead of having to ignore all the data. This just excludes those portions from the power, HR and pace curves fixing issues with poor data interfering with “best effort” achievements, pace records and so on.

Remember that you can fix data instead of ignoring it (try “Fix Data” and “Edit Data” on the Actions menu). This is a better option if your bad data just has drop outs or you have some idea of what the numbers likely were.

Zoom to the portion you want to exclude and choose “Ignore Part” from the Actions menu under the activity timeline chart.

The ignored section is outlined with dots and the ignore power, HR and/or pace icons are displayed on top. Click these to edit the ignore or delete it:

Activities with ignored parts are displayed with icons on the calendar:

You can add an “Ignore Part” column to the activity list view:

I am probably going to extend the use of the ignore parts beyond the power, HR and pace curves e.g. recalculating average HR for the activity with ignore HR parts excluded.

27 Likes

Nice!

I would love an option to ignore temperature also. Especially in winter, first few minutes are wrong. I keep the device inside and then starting the activity, the temperature is dropping slowly to the real outside value, distorting the average temperature for the whole ride.
Good thing would be some default value to ignore the first n minutes of temperature values.

3 Likes

great feature, thanks! Q: does the Power / HR curve take that into account?

I would think so because cropping, editing or ignoring parts triggers a recalculation.

I have implemented this and will deploy Tues am. Average and max HR now also considers ignored parts. Trickier to do this for power.

1 Like

Sorry for the dumb question: Does “pace” = speed?

If not, can you also offer the ability to ignore speed?
During track races, i start my computer before i get on the bike, but we line up at the rail (or wait for the derny to get going in a Keirin) and would like to ignore the zero speed at the start (and also ignore the slow down lap(s) at the end.

Currently i need to export then re-import to allow me to use Crop as my data is coming from Strava…and Strava has decided indoor activities (i.e. Velodrome) can not be cropped.

1 Like

Looks like Pace is used for activities like running, and velocity would be the moving aspect related to speed. This is the original ignore option where there are more options than the Part ignore option.

For this I am planning to make pace = speed (and changing label in app) but actually changing the stats is trickier than you might think. So it will take a while.

2 Likes

This morning i forgot to dampen my HR-belt before my run so I got som really bad HR-readings during the first 15 minutes so I could put this feature to use right away. It was really easy and intuitive.

1 Like

Awesome! This will be really useful to me :smiling_face:

This is super helpful, thank you!

1 Like

This is great! Very helpful.

(Perhaps it also foreshadows having a Z1 that doesn’t start at zero?)

1 Like