Hrv4training results off by one day

I’ve just started using hrv4training yesterday, the 24th February, but the result was added to my 23rd February activity and today’s, the 25th, result to yesterday, the 24th.

I looked in the measurement file and I think it records yesterday’s activities and today’s HRv. Is that right?

Yes, what you do yesterday, i.e. activities, alcohol, sleep, etc., affects the HRV score that you should be taking when you wake up.

So the HRv is recorded against yesterday because it’s the result of what happened yesterday? It’s not recorded against today as the starting point for the day?? But the app gives advice for today’s activity based on yesterday’s HRV that was recorded this morning. Confusing!!
And the hrv4training history shows this morning’s HRv with today’s date which is what I expected.

1 Like

As you state, the HRV from the morning is recorded as today, and the advice is also for today.

The factors that affect the score are all from what you did leading up to the reading, i.e. sleep, alcohol intake, health, activity, etc.

Yeah but in intervals it’s recorded as yesterday.
Here’s my three HRV recordings so far from HRV4Training and the same three days from intervals and they’re off by one day. The 46 from today, is in yesterday’s activity and the 26 from Saturday is in Friday’s.
Is that what you see in your activities too?

BTW- that huge dip in HRV is due to a covid vaccine the day before. :slight_smile:

How do you get the HRV data from HRV4Training into Intervals?

Mine comes through Dropbox and shows the subjective scores as well as the measured scores from HRV4Training. Only additional data is the ImReady4 “planned” value.

Yes, via Dropbox. I configured the activity view to only show the measurement. Is 122 your HRv in ms? Crikey!! :slight_smile:

Here’s my last two days now that I’ve done a workout today. I turned the readiness score and SDNN back on, but as you can see… it’s in yesterday’s box. :frowning:

Today’s score showing yesterday doesn’t make sense.

122ms is the rMSSD value.

delete

So maybe it’s time to ask @david what’s up? I thought I might have my time zone wrong, but it’s correct.

“122ms is the rMSSD value.”

Yeah,…amazing…accrding to this paper almost no one has a rMSSD that high. :slight_smile:

Could you please post a line from your HRV4Training file with the date you expect the readings to be on. I checked the code and it expects the data in the file to be a local date i.e. in your timezone. It doesn’t do any timezone correction or modification.

1 Like

Perhaps share the csv file (in Excel) that shows in the DropBox folder.

I guess I’m to the right of the bell curve, but not extreme right.

2 Likes

Here is the file: Dropbox - My_Measurements_Android.csv - Simplify your life
The dates are all out by one, but the times are right!! Could it be that the date is UTC and the time is local? Any other Aussies, Kiwis, Japanese using it? If I record something now and then in 35 minutes, what will happen I wonder?

Yep, that’s what it is. The date is UTC for some reason.
When I measured at 9:38am (11:38pm UTC) it was the 26th

2023-26-02 09:58 72.93406788697360 822.66081871345

when i measured 30 mins later it was the 27th

2023-27-02 10:36 77.52559907104400 773.9379084967320

And to further confuse things, the measurement at 10:36 clobbered the one at 9:58 even though they have different dates. It just knew they were taken on the same day, so there’s no data for the 26th now!! What will happen tomorrow then?

But the HRV4Training bell curve is already skewed to the right compared to a general population one, where you’d be waaayyy over in the tiniest part of the tail.

Maybe there is some setting you can change in HRV4Training or on your phone? There are more than 200 people currently using this feature, many of them on Android and I haven’t had any other reports of the dates being wrong. It doesn’t make sense to use UTC dates for something like this.

I don’t see an option to change dates in the app (iOS). My time zone on my phone is based on selecting my city, rather than the automatic option (using network date and time).

I’m not sure about Android; I don’t have any devices available to check. Perhaps changing the phone settings might help.

As @Gerald says, there’s no option to change date in the app. My time zone and time are both network-provided and correct. So odd. I’ll try contacting the developer.

1 Like