How to create a 'bucket' chart for DFA alpha values

Interested to visualise how much time (minutes and seconds) is/was spent above .75, inbetween .75 and .50 and below .50 for an activity.
Ideally id like to see the info in real time on my garmin but post activity in intervals.icu would be a start (data is being recorded in AlphaHRV on garmin)

Why isn’t so important but if anyone really wants to know i just want to be able carry out a comparison of dfa vs time in heart rate zones for some self experimentation.

You can use a custom activity histogram chart to almost do that. On the activity timeline page do Activity Charts → Add → Histogram:

You could do exactly what you want using a Plotly chart created with Javascript but you need to be able to code for that.

The histogram shows info for the selected portion of the activity when on the timeline page.

I need to make the buckets on that histogram chart more configurable.

I felt nerd-sniped by the Plotly mention and gave this a shot. I’m a daytime SRE and only really know Python so this was a fun experiment. Forgive the ugly colours and overall layout, but here it is:

Should be available under Charts now as “DFA Buckets”.

Curious why you want this though, I thought recent belief is that the .75~.5 range wasn’t as rock solid/significant anymore?

2 Likes

Thanks for creating this.
I found DFA fairly acurate in some highly controlled scenarios e.g. indoor trainer workouts and fullgaz climbs.

Having this chart will help me determine how accurate DFA is for me. More specifically for sanitiy checking heart rate zones vs FTP.