How do I set the "Use elevation correction" option to default off

I use a Garmin watch to automatically sync data to ICU, but I’ve noticed that the Climbing data in each sync is very inaccurate. This is because all the data synced to ICU has the “Use elevation correction” feature enabled.

I tried to disable “Use elevation correction” in the settings of individual workout data, but it only applies to that particular data entry. I also attempted to update the settings for all data by setting “Use elevation correction” to “no” in the “Update Settings” under “Edit” for all data, but it only modifies the data within the current selected time range. After trying both methods, the newly uploaded data still defaults to having “Use elevation correction” enabled.

How can I disable this setting so that this feature is turned off for all future data syncs?

Climbing:

1. Enabled “Use elevation correction”
  2. Disable “Use elevation correction”

Settings:

1. Individual workout data
  2. Total workout data

You have to set it like this (if your watch has correct elevation data):

As mentioned in my post, I have already set this, see setting 1, but this setting only applies to the current workout data. What I want is for it to apply to all future synchronized data.

Your first screenshot shows ‘Use Elevation Correction’ checked. It must be unchecked and your watch must be defined as having correct elevation.
If you leave Use Elevation Correction checked, Intervals will use elevation data from DEM maps.