HealthFit sync for activities and health metrics

Hi, thanks for the tip.
Can you help me understand how this app can help you avoid using strava? I guess intervals.icu will obtain the workouts through Healthfit, but how do you get your workouts to Healthfit?
Could this be a workaround syncing workouts from Wahoo Element?

If you are a Wahoo user then you can have the Elemnt app populate Apple Health with your rides. You can then use HealthFit to push the workout to intervals.icu

2 Likes

The other option I use for indoor rides is to use HealthFit to import fit files directly into Apple Health and then sync from there. Of course you could just import the fit files directly into intervals.icu

Thank you! Works great and you app is wonderful!
Thanks
Bill

2 Likes

woa … intervals.icu keeps improving and impressing non-stop

thank you for your work and impressive commitment @david

1 Like

Cool, did you get my email? Thanks!

Cool, I will try that :slight_smile:

Hello Alvaro, Yes I did get your email. Normally you should have received a TestFlight invitation?

2 Likes

Hi, I did. It was ln the icloud mail of course.
Thanks

Hi,
I just had my first workout synced. It doesnt have a lot of data. No speed or power data.
Anything I am doing wrong?

Very strange. I’m guessing that HealthFit only reads the heart rate data channel; only @slizeray could answer that one.

Personally I have only pushed strength and conditioning workouts using HealthFit, as my cycling is currently indoors I have been using the fit file upload technique.
As a quick fix you could get the fit file from the Elemnt app and upload that. From the activity screen on the Elemnt app you should see a ‘get fit file’ button, save this and then upload. Long winded I know but hopefully the connection between the two apps can be fine tuned :crossed_fingers:

Hi,
Thanks! Yes, I have been uploding it manually but hopefully this gets done automatically via HealthFit. Would be awesome!
Cheers!

1 Like

For sure, would complete my quest to drop Strava and continue to use a Wahoo. To be fair I have a similar issue getting outdoor rides into TrainerRoad.

1 Like

HealthFit mirrors Apple Health and Apple Health is the only source of truth for HealthFit.

In addition, power data is not supported in Apple Health, so there is no power data in it.

I guess you have a poor workout in Apple Health. Which app has created this workout? You can use the Apple Fitness app to check it out.

Hi,
The workout was synced from Wahoo Elemnt to Apple Health app.
Can you feed HealthFit from Dropbox or other sources?

Hello

The only source of truth is Apple Health. HealthFit has been designed for exporting workouts from Apple Health and which have been recorded with an app running on the Apple Watch.

You can import external .FIT files into Apple Health with HealthFit, usually you have much more information than using other third party apps. But wrt Intervals.icu there is little interest since you can import these .FIT files directly in Intervals without losing any information, for instance power data, which is not supported in Apple Health.

1 Like

Can you easily get Wahoo workouts into Dropbox?

1 Like

I believe so. There is this option in the WHoo Elemnt app

1 Like

Aha. Thats interesting because I can probably get Intervals.icu to automatically download from a dropbox folder!

5 Likes

That is very interesting indeed!
I am crossing my fingers hoping that is possible!

1 Like