GPX file upload now supported

You can now manually upload GPX files (and gpx.gz) and these will also sync from Garmin Connect.

5 Likes

David
One though - When peeking into raw data from these files, it would be nice to display the data on one page with vertical scrolling enabled. For long activities, one has to flip through several pages of raw data.

Yes that data editing stuff does need some attention. If you just want to look you can download a CSV of the streams on the activity data page (ā€œRide CSVā€ button).

1 Like

I meantā€¦from a manual edit standpoint such as a couple of datapoints here and there with odd valuesā€¦

@david I like using this feature to awe at the proā€™s performance. But when importing, it becomes part of my stats/fitness/etc.
Is there a way to just look through these gpx files without have them added to my own stats etc?

1 Like

Unfortunately not. I upload them to Intervals.icu running on my laptop.

Thatā€™s a pity, but I guess Sauce for Strava covers my needs for 80% at least.
Thanks

I thought of a cunning plan for this while out riding this am: I am going to create a special sort of Intervals.icu account that anyone can follow and load all of MVDPā€™s published rides into that! Shouldnā€™t take long!

Is there anyone else who often uploads ride files with power to Strava?

2 Likes

Canā€™t think of any by heart, but Iā€™ll post them here if I think of any!

Fantastic idea thanks @david - there are some links in the Pro/ Elite training thread on TR which might have some good ones in - Pro/Elite training - Training - TrainerRoad

2 Likes

Done! If you want to follow MVDP on Intervals.icu click this link (or search for him in ā€œAthletesā€):

https://intervals.icu/?invite=mvdp

Strade Bianche isnā€™t showing up due to a bug that I have fixed. I will deploy the fix Thursday AM (GMT+2).

I have also sorted out the issues with new signups and invite links. Those should work now. If someone follows your invite link you will get a message when they signup.

2 Likes

Hi David,

I point all my inputs to trainingpeaks (seems to be the common denominator for activity push) I then use a service called tapiirik to sync from TP to dropbox and Strava. The .gpx files it creates in dropbox intervals.icu seems to dislike - I get an error : ā€œInvalid ā€˜gpxā€™ input.ā€

Do you know why?

Many thanks

Please mail me (david@intervals.icu) one of those files and I will have a look. Tx.

Hello, please help me check the abnormal problem of gpx data. I sent it to you in the above email, please check.

Tx for sending me that file. I have relaxed the validation of GPX files so yours will now upload.

Is there a way to allow also .gpx.txt files (and ignore the .txt extension afterwards)? When you download gpx files on Safari on an iPad/iPhone Safari adds the .txt extension which results in the file being grayed out in the file picker.

Can we use a GPX when setting up a workout?
As a coach, Iā€™d like my athletes to run following a particular routes during some workouts.

You can now upload .gpx.txt or .tcx.txt files. The app will also let you choose any file on an iPhone.

Not at the moment. That would involve uploading a route or something (not a workout) and I am not sure which services support that via API.

2 Likes

Great, thanks David, looking forward to using it (a lot)
:+1: