Garmin VO2 Max no longer showing up in Intervals.ICU

Not sure if this is truly a bug or just something that I messed up somehow. But, for months, Intervals has been successfully collecting the Garmin VO2 max estimates after each ride. But, it has not collected it for the past week or so, even though I continue to see the estimate in Garmin itself.

The only thing I can see that might have changed is that I recorded my first run in a LONG time (12+ months). The VO2 max from that run seems to be the last estimate that Intervals pulled over.

I had the same problem earlier in the week. I can’t say what caused it, but since yesterday the VO2 max has been recorded again. :raising_hand_man:

I can see VO2 max estimates on your calendar up until the 31st August. Has this come right?

No, unfortunately not. I just manually entered the data myself.

No “user metrics” (source of VO2 Max) have come through for you in the last week. Other stuff is coming in. You could try disconnect and re-connect:

Lots of other athletes are getting their VO2 Max from Garmin.

Hmm. Tried unlinking and reconnecting, but no dice. Just did a ride this AM and it didn’t pull VO2 over.

Ride VO2max doesn’t sync to the wellness metric. Only run vo2max does.

There is an activity field to display it for all activity types that garmin computes it for. But it won’t show up the way the wellness value does.

I currently only ride my bike and my VO2max values ​​are synchronized

1 Like

I should have been more clear. If you do both, it will only do run. OP says they did their first run in forever. That is what caused it.

3 Likes

Ah, interesting. Any way to revert back to cycling as the source for wellness data VO2 field? If I delete the run would that make a difference?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue since completing a run 3.5 weeks ago, it seems you have to let Garmin
This article: Switching from Running to Cycling V02 Max for Training Status? - fēnix 6 series - Wearables - Garmin Forums is old but the gist of it seems to still hold; maybe Garmin now periodizes based on a 4w block, similar to the widget/connect mobile app. I’m hoping it switches back to cycling this weekend, 4 weeks after my last running value which Garmin is still using :confused:

on a separate note, is there a 2 fields for VO2? One for cycling and one for running? Or does garmin actually have multiple VO2max numbers? trail Run / Run / Cycling (insert other sports here)

Running, Trail Running, Cycling, Walking and of course Multisport all have their own VO2max functionality, providing the device is compatible. There maybe other sport profiles, but I haven’t seen it yet.

My watch has Run and Cycling, nothing else. (no Trail Run for eg)
hence I wonder what is coming across to intervals.icu or rather, what is being sent and how it’s decided. (Given what other posters has shown/shared above)

Here’s the support page from Garmin. My 735XT only gives Cycling and Running, but I do have friends that have Walking and Trail Running as activity profiles.
https://support.garmin.com/en-ZA/?faq=lWqSVlq3w76z5WoihLy5f8

From how mine appears, the various activities affect the general (running) and cycling VO2max values, but they don’t all have their own value.

I have running and cycling on my GC Status/web, tho honestly i don’t look at it often but I did notice (with this thread) that looks like the values that’s coming to Intervals.icu is my running one…

Seems my VO2 values have stopped coming through, with last Monday being the last day. I do notice that the running VO2 on my device is requesting that I Run 10:00 outdoors with HR to get VO2max. Perhaps this is the reason.

I’ll see what happens after doing a run, but next week only.

1 Like

I got a running VO2 transferred in yesterday. So that message is almost definitely the reason. Unless your option for a general VO2max goes away completely it will likely be the one the API provides and won’t switch to the cycling value.

When was your last run?

The message on my Garmin is not the problem, as I hardly run.
It’s been pulling my cycling VO2 value for the last year, then all of a sudden nothing, from last week Tuesday. I uploaded a run, yesterday, from a few years ago, but changed the date on Fitfiletools to yesterday’s date just to check, and the running VO2 value pulled through. Today’s MTB ride hasn’t synced either, so there is a problem with my connection from Garmin to Intervals. The workouts push to Garmin, so there’s no problem there.