Garmin Connect sync now supported

Eventually I want to get activities from everywhere. However 1st priority needs to go to sites that already aggregate activities from multiple sources.

1 Like

On the Activity page would you be able to set a link to the activity on Garmin Connect (where you’ve currently got the “~ Garmin Connect” text), like how you do with the Strava activities?

Unfortunately not. Garmin actually don’t give out any of the connect data not even the ID of the activity. I only get the raw file (typically .fit) and some summary info which is present in the file anyway.

I will ask their support if there is any other way to do this. Linking back to GC is good for them :slight_smile:

When I download the * .fit file from GC, its name is activity ID, but maybe it’s different via API.
for example:
6095161088_ACTIVITY.fit

I have to make a call asking for activities within a given date range (backfill) and sometime later (asynchronously) I might get a payload of activities (or not if there aren’t any) back. The payload has urls to download the raw files with an embedded ID but the ID is different for the same activity for each backfill call.

Yes I noticed this too. So in your example the web url for that activity on Garmin Connect should be https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/6095161088

Could this be implemented then @David?
Of course would rely on the file obtained from the API having the same naming convention as @Wojciech_Marszalkows said.

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be any connection. The summaryId and callbackURL in the payload change with every call even when the same activities come back:

{
  "activityFiles": [
    {
      "userId": ...,
      "userAccessToken": ...,
      "summaryId": "64087809598",
      "fileType": "FIT",
      "callbackURL": "https://healthapi.garmin.com/wellness-api/rest/activityFile?id=115794869571",
      "startTimeInSeconds": 1597055887,
      "manual": false
    }
  ]
}

That’s a shame - thanks for checking!

Another question on this. I occasionally have to switch my elevation correction to having Garmin based vs device based. This means the data in intervals is now incorrect. Is there a way to have it update when changes are made like you could with Strava?

Only if Garmin update the .fit file. You could try download it from GC and upload and see if it creates a new activity. If it does then they changed the file. But they probably don’t.

Same here. 30m and no Garmin download yet. Wondering if I have my settings correct? Of course, I can manual import from the Garmin .fit.

thanks.

Yes there is a backlog of 3000 activities :frowning: I will try speed things up. Not sure where all of those came from.

1 Like

It is going to take an hour at least for the backlog to clear (2500+ activities from one athlete). I am going to make a plan to prevent one athlete’s downloads from blocking everything else in future.

Heroic, thank you David. Just making sure I didn’t muck up my settings!

btw, don’t forget do change the meta description of the website for Garmin also :slight_smile:

Ah thanks I just did that.

I have done a lot of work on the Garmin sync side to speed everything up. Should be able to deploy that Thursday AM.

1 Like

We might have some good news about Wahoo in near future? Runalyze have implemented the sync

“Finally, direct synchronization with Wahoo is available. You can now connect your Runalyze account to your Wahoo account and have the data transferred automatically.”

1 Like

Small issue but I have both Garmin and Strava sync enabled, and my TrainerRoad workouts show up from both on the Intervals calendar until I go into the Garmin workout and manually hit the Garmin Sync button. Once it processes that, it hides the Strava workout, but my impression was that it should be doing that automatically without my having to click the button.

It should do it automatically and sometimes does :frowning: This is the top bug on my bug list.

So, new to Intervals, a lot to like and will almost certainly start a subscription tomorrow. Goodbye TrainingPeaks, the only threat would be if XERT gets its head around multi sport. The issue I have and relevant to this thread is the Garmin Sync which appears OK for 2017 onwards but doesn’t fetch my data from 2016 and before and clicking refresh doesn’t have any effect. I should have data going back to 2012 and would like to have it all available before snipping the umbilical with TrainingPeaks.