Garmin Activities not syncing to Intervals

Hello! First of all… thanks for all you do! :slight_smile:

I’m trying to help this friend of mine to sync her runs completed on her Garmin 245 back to Intervals - Intervals.icu, but it just won’t work. Not only the historical activities (that I believe she’ll need to manually upload), but also any new activities are not reported.
At first I thought it was just a matter of time, but activities from last week haven’t synced yet. She has tried to disconnect / reconnect, and also validated the permissions on Connect, but no luck.

Any idea why this is stuck?

Thanks a lot for the support!

Tx. The Garmin calls for her a/c are not failing but no activities are coming back. If all her Garmin permissions are good and she can see the activities on Garmin Connect they really should come through. Did she definitely authorise the correct Garmin account?

Thank you for the response, David.

She has validated that she’s got only one account (an old one, but still just one), and she can see the completed activities on her GC. I asked her to take a screenshot of her permissions… they look good.

The workouts from Intervals are syncing fine with her watch. It really doesn’t make any sense. Maybe something went wrong during the initial call and Garmin has blocked new ones?

I did some more poking around and somehow she ended up without a Garmin user id in the Intervals.icu database. I have disconnected her from Garmin. Please ask her to re-connect and authorise Intervals.icu. With any luck this will sort out the problem.

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue. Did a virtual ride yesterday, it’s shown in Garmin Connect but it doesn’t show up in intervals.icu

1 Like

Did you record the ride on your Garmin or or though a third party app (eg. Zwift) and it syncs with Garmin Connect? If it was through a third part, Garmin does not send third party recorded activities over their API any longer

3 Likes

David… thanks a lot for digging deep into this. We see the historical data on Intervals now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was straight from her 245. David’s work in the back end worked!

My response was not to your question but rather @ir_fuel above :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooopsie. I removed the “Solved” from the title.

I use Wahoo SYSTM

Garmin Connect will not pass activities recorded in third party apps over its API - hence why is is not showing in intervals.icu

There are some threads on the forum discussing workarounds etc AFAIK is you have a search.

2 Likes

Since Strava works again everything works as it should for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

David… it looks like another friend of mine are experiencing the same issues. I have helped him to disconnect the links and do it again… but still nothing. Any idea why Garmin makes it hard for us? :smiley:

Intervals.icu

Greetings David, eamaro,

Same issue here.

Today’s outside, morning ride is showing up on my Strava and Garmin Connect but did not sync into Intervals.icu.

Yesterday’s indoor ride sync’ed w Intervals.icu perfectly - as well as Tuesday’s outside ride and every other ride since I signed up almost a year ago.

Please advise.

All the best - and thanks David, for your awesome software!

The tokens are all good at the calls are going to Garmin but they are rejecting the backfill requests as dups. New activities should come through fine. Best is to use the “Import All Garmin Data” button to load complete history.

@ZeeZeeTop Thanks! I can see a morning ride today (Thurs) from Garmin on your calendar. Is that the missing ride? If not it’s probably easiest to download the missed ride from GC and use the “Upload” button on the calendar page.

1 Like

Hi David,

Wow. Amazing lightning-fast response!

Yes, correct. That’s the ride that did not load.

ZzT

Thank you David,

It’s fixed now.

1 Like

Hey David… quick update. My friend logged an activity yesterday, but it still didn’t make it through.

Any other idea?

Is it perhaps from a non-Garmin source (e.g. Zwift)? Garmin doesn’t pass those on. There aren’t any webhook notifications for activities for your friend in the logs so nothing got sent.