I live in a hilly area and most of my runs start and finish at the same point. Intervals.icu GAP is often slower than actual pace for my runs, sometimes by nearly 1 minute/mile. I am using a watch with known good baro elevation, elevation correction set to “auto” in intervals.icu run settings, and my elevation streams look reasonable to me. GAP in Strava functions as expected, with GAP faster than actual pace on hilly loops.
I hope that I am missing something obvious in my intervals.icu setup, but I have to wonder if there is an implementation issue with intervals.icu GAP. I see many threads about obvious GAP issues (i.e. intervals with positive grade showing slower GAP than actual pace) and few satisfying answers.
Edit: reviewing more of my past runs, many of them do reflect the expected relationship between elevation/GAP/pace. I don’t see any obvious reason why it works sometimes and not others.
Thanks for the reply. I believe I have this set correctly, ‘Accurate Elevation’ is checked Yes, ‘Use elevation correction’ is unchecked. I tried checking ‘Use elevation correction’ on my latest run to see how big of a difference it would make and GAP only changed by a few seconds per mile. For reference, the test run I used started and ended from the same point, 9.2mi with 260ft of elevation gain on the route (relatively flat), and I have a disconnect of 9:10 min/mile actual pace vs 9:48 min/mi GAP.