GAP On Treadmill?

What is the metric intervals.icu uses to show GAP? The charts are showing a gradient, but GAP is not showing up.

What’s missing on the .fit file? Is intervals relying on latitude and longitude ? I can get GAP if I run with an incline on my treadmill while connected to Zwift and I sync the .fit file from zwift, missing latitude and longitude is my only guess on why intervals is now thosing GAP, please advise.

Intervals is using Strava’s GAP to model IIRC (there’s a thread somewhere if you do a search. Has been explained).

SInce you’re on a treadmill, (and a non-smart one I presume) you’re not gonna get GAP since there’s no incline being recorded. You didn’t share what you’re recording your FIT file from (if it’s a watch then it makes sense as indoor run has no GPS and thus no alt data. Either from GPS or Baro)

Zwift will have the data as it encodes the Virtual route (GPS w/ altitude data)

Having said that, your screenshot shows there is altitude data. How did you get altitude data recorded?

For GAP you need both an elevation and a distance delta on a second per second base.
LatLong will give you exactly that.
If the Zwift fit has second per second LatLong with elevation data, it should give a GAP result, I think…

Thank you everyone for your input,

I am using QZ - qdomyos-zwift to record pace/incline coming from my treadmill (using FTMS Bluetooth protocol), I am using a strydx pod to record power (also connected to the QZ app) and a heart rate monitor connected to QZ app.

I found a way to get GAP with my current setup in intervals (please see screenshot):

What I did to get it working, I used one of my previous runs in Zwift, with the same incline I was planning on using, in this case 10%, grapped the GPX and loaded that GPX into the QZ app.

I am happy that I can now get GAP without having to pay Strava or training peaks, I will donate to this platform, amazing project!

You have a FTMS capable Treadmill and you’re on Apple?
Any chance you would be able to help me get My BreakAway: Indoor Training to also support Running? (I now support Stryd Power etc)

btw - do you get Incline compensated power?

Yes, I can help …

For power, I have to use a gain inside the QZ app ( you can edit the gain on the fly, but I keep my runs constant at 10% incline), stryd pod will transmit power as if you were running at 0% incline when using the treadmill, I had to use stryd native app to find out what the gain was supposed to be ( in the case of 10% is ~1.56)… usually stryd users don’t have to worry about that when using stryd native apps because it applies the adequate gain when you change the “incline” in the stryd native app.