Free simple erg mode app

While not an iPhone or iPad solution… Does she have a modern Garmin or Wahoo bike computer? You could upload the workout to the bike computer and use it to control the smart trainer.

1 Like

I also didn’t think this would happen. But i didn’t know there were so much already existing integrated apps. So learnt a lot from this thread!

Did consider this, but i like the internet based solution of intervals.icu. So didn’t plan to use the analyzer. Also the reason i don’t use Golden Cheetah anymore.

I use 2 laptops for all my activities. 1 is from work, which don’t accept home installed software.

She has a garmin edge 130. But she also want a visual of the things that will come in the workout. Did tell her the demotivational part of seeing the work you need to do next when you are allready depleted :wink:

I was an avid user of GoldenCheetah as well but it tend to also give me some amount of grief w/ the Bluetooth Connections and it not being able to control my trainer.

Since my Garmin watch can’t control my trainer anyways, hence the app. Do check it out if not already. Feedbacks welcomed.

Cheers!

edit: With The phone app, as opposed to the bike computer solution, you also get to put in comments on the workout file. (I’ll post up something later on how this works / will appear on the app)

1 Like

Here’s how the workout cues look like on the app.

1 Like

Any chance for android version of BreakAway?

1 Like

Thanks for your question, but I’m sorry. Unfortunately, not at this time. My sole purpose right now is to at a minimum get a return on investment of USD99/year (currently in my 2nd year) for being able to list the app in the Apple App Store.

Currently, I think I have spent > 1000hrs on this app besides the fee paid to Apple and I’m hoping that as more people utilises it, i will/can get more revenue from the advertisements in the app.

Also - I have no experience on Android and neither do I own any Android devices.

But who knows what the future holds.

2 Likes

https://flux-three.vercel.app/

6 Likes

Intresting project!
Fully web-based cycling training app.

2 Likes

Tried it last night and it worked great. Do you intend to at least give the option to pay for ad removal?

I’m paying TrainerDay $3.99 per month that I’d gladly give to you. Of course, I’d rather do a one time purchase.

Just used now https://flux-three.vercel.app/ for my workout in browser and i was really impressed how it work, thans for sharing the link.
Going to start to use it for sure because i never got used to Golden Cheetah. it´s a great visual solution to use with Garmin watch and have all the Garmin stats like load and traning effect

2 Likes

@Cassidyks yes, in app purchase is actually in the todo list. It’s actually been on the ToDo List for really quite some time already. The whole paperwork on getting the account set up w/ the proper Tax documentation is really quite confusing for me hence the delay.

But i am working on it. Until then, the app is on a “freemium” type model. Fully ad-supported.

if you have any other questions / queries and such, you can direct it to the BreakAway thread.

The best and cleanest ANT+ FE-C app for my workouts and plans is ICW (Android only, I think). Flawlessly imports .ERG files.
Too bad is no longer developed / supported though (with newer Android OS, some features are missing… backups etc.)

Tried Flux Three Vercel now. Meh. Works sometimes. Then AWOL, nada. :frowning:
Imho, not quite ready for prime time yet…

You can provide feedback to the developer such that he can address the issues you’re seeing.

Hey @ZeeZeeTop, the developer of Flux here. While some of the features like ANT+ connectivity are experimental the core of the app is pretty stable, I’ve been training with the web app for the last 2 years. Let me know if I can help with something!

4 Likes

for me icw works great but have some problems with mainrianing power (always ~20w lower than assiomas anoying when doing a workout or ftp test) on my wahoo core /found out when swothced to garmin watch and power is much more stable

1 Like

@dmarinov
Hi. Thank you for responding.

1. Using Windows 10 computer. Chrome browser bc Firefox doesn’t work. Elite Direto smart trainer broadcasting bluetooth and ant+. Sometimes the Flux app sporadically recognizes the power, controllable and cadence transmitters, then sometimes nothing, nada. Even after closing the app and ride. Note bike room setup is very small, and works fine with Zwift, BigRingVR, TrainerRoad…

Tried the app on Chrome on an iPhone, but it never can connect to the Elite Smart trainer to begin with.

1. Additionally, when it sometimes does connect with the Windows computer, the Flux only lets me use one of the pre-programmed, dozen or so workouts (eg. Pasta). I cannot get the app to load one of my workouts (downloaded from Intervals.icu). Whether I use the fit. or ZWO file format.
    It will ask to search and find the workout, but once I cluck on the file, it seems to recognize it but loops back to asking to find a file to load again, and again, in an endless loop. It will never load it alongside (or under, or above) the dozen or so pre-programmed files.

Hey, thanks!
Always nice to get some feedback.

Browser support

Ah, yes for Windows you will need Chrome or Edge and iOS is not supported at all. Firefox and Safari just do not have support for the latest web technologies. The first is basically dead, and the second is being restricted by Apple for reasons of … well, not competing with the App Store. Thus on iOS Safari is the only allowed browser, and even Chrome for iOS is just Safari with a Chrome skin.

Anyway I would have to think for a more clear way to communicate this to end Users. Else I am working on a native iOS and Watch apps, so the gap for iOS should be closed soon.

Here is the browser compatibility table from the project page:

Finding devices

1. It could be some other app that is hijacking the connection, you probably know about this risk but let’s check it out. Zwift is particularly aggressive, even after you disable the controllable connection it still tries to open one.

2. If you want to use it concurrently with Zwift, RGT, etc, here is a guide on how to do that: How-To: Using Flux and another app concurrently.

3. Web-bluetooth can have relatively short search timeout, unfortunately the search window stays open for a bit longer even after it gave up searching. I can suggest trying one more time if it does not find anything in a few seconds. Clicking anywhere on the screen outside of the search box will stop search. Reloading the app won’t do anything. Try just with the search window.

4. A bug with web-bluetooth on Windows. I am using Mac, Android and Ubuntu on a daily bases, which means Windows doesn’t get checked for issues so often. I will need to run some tests to rule out this possibility.

Workout import

Flux supports only ZWO files, .FIT workout files are NOT supported and probably won’t be. I’ve just tested with ZWO workouts exported from Zwift, TrainerDay, and TP. They all work. Can you please share the file or the contents of one of the ZWO workouts that fail to import. Maybe intervals.icu is using some ZWO syntax that I have missed.

1 Like