BreakAway: Indoor Training App Now with Intervals.icu Calendar integration (Workout Of The Day)

Hi -

Thanks for your question.

Power Matching is available via 2 options within the Settings Tab.

Here are 2 FB Posts about this feature:
PowerMatch Post #1
PowerMatch Post #2

2 Likes

Here is the public link for this. Take note that you will need to download testflight App.
You will be notified (by apple) when the new beta is ready to download. (just submitted it, it might take a 24hrs or it might take few days to get approved for beta release to testers)

Edit : Apple Approved the beta. This beta enables the “skip current interval” function.

I’ve downloaded the app to try and can’t get past screen asking for Peleton, Zwift, or Garmin connection. I don’t use any of these. Wahoo, Trainerroad, and Intervals.

Hi,

I do not understand. The app does not connect or asks for any Peloton / Zwift or Garmin connections. If you want to connect to any external services, the only suported ones are Strava / Dropbox and Intervals.

Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 6.48.25 AM

Would you mind uploading a screenshot?

Ah, wrong Breakaway cycling app! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:Sorry! `

How workout cues are shown within the app. This is applicable for both workouts uploaded via Dropbox or via intervals.icu

(The below video workout cues are via integration with Intervals.icu)
Note : Default setup of cues

1. If there are workout cues present, cues will be displayed 5seconds before the start of the next interval and proceed to be displayed for until 5 seconds after the interval starts. (This is based on the default of 10s interval cue duration per intervals.icu. You can manually change that and reupload the workout back to intervals.icu)
  2. cues are only shown if the (current) interval length is > 30seconds (otherwise, the cue duration and the cues to be shown will overlap to next interval or be garbled up sequence wise)
  3. default cues, if there are no workout cues present are to show
  • “Prepare For Next Interval”
  • Next interval Length
  • Next interval target power

Finally, you can also put in cues at any time within your interval by downloading the MRC file from intervavls.icu and editing it manually and re-uploading it back to intervals.icu

eg:
0 warmup 10
30 good progress 10 (this will show a workout cue starting at 25s into the interval and show for 10s)
60 1st interval 10

3 Likes

The Skip Current Workout Interval Function (in video)

I used the App synced with interval. At the end of the workout the app did not synced back to interval. It keeps telling me that I need more medals (I.e. to see more ads) but next message is that no add are available. Tcx file is available in Dropbox but when I try importing in interval, it gives an error.
To be an “easy-no fuss-just work” app, this is too much to withstand!

Thanks

Can you please mail me (david@intervals.icu) that tcx file. That part might be an Intervals.icu bug. Tx.

Hi David,

Thanks. I sent you an e-mail w/ tcx file

Ale

Hi There,

Sorry for the trouble.

Once workouts are completed, files are directly sync’ed to Strava / Dropbox / Intervals depending on what options are selected by the user. If you see the TCX in Dropbox, that means that the sync code is executing. What about strava? Not sure if you’re connected to Strava tho.

There is an option to do a re-sync (I had to put this in mainly because of Strava API limit, something which even david is having issues with) within the library tab.

Oops: I just found that I neglected to add in the code to also retry sync to intervals.icu again which I just Fixed - will send to apple for next release)

With regard to the message that you’re seeing about in-sufficient medal, i think this is probably because you are trying to re-start another workout? (we check prior to another workout being started to ensure that your workout don’t stop midway, which would make for a terrible experience) This message should not appear otherwise. Can you please confirm?

Can you also send me the TCX? (app4g.devel@gmail.com) and if the error persists, it would greatly help if you can enable debugging mode (input “loglevel10” into the developer text field within Settings) and this would generate a DebugLog.txt txt file in the History tab)

Again - apologies for the issues you’re facing. I’m sure we can sort it out these teething issues.

1 Like

Tx. The file wouldn’t upload due to a bug in Intervals.icu not BreakAway. I have fixed it and will deploy Sunday AM (GMT+2). Sorry about that!

1 Like

Err… @david i just tried a dummy upload directly from BreakAway and it went in easily. (See the “~BreakAway” text)

Anyways, good to know. But looks like I’m gonna be busy releasing a BugFix release update to Apple tonight. (to add re-sync option to intervals.icu)

Thanks!

The file in question had HeartRateBpm records with zero and my code to toss those was buggy. Anyway it’s fixed now.

Thank you both David and app4g.

Alessandro

1 Like

@david need your expertise here. could you take a look at the TCX file (dropbox link below) which i’ve created using BreakAway to have the TCX file support Each Interval as a Lap (I just recently found out that intervals can also utilise an option called “use Laps”) so I’m trying to see if I can utilise that feature as well.

Here is how it looks like when uploaded to Garmin Connect.

The laps show up on the map and on the individual lap summary.

I also uploaded the TCX to runanalyze and it too was able to process the laps.

Perhaps I’m doing something wrong on intervals, but when I upload the TCX here, and then I use “use Laps”

The graph/chart does not change.

When I compare the TCX data from my app vs that from a Garmin Uploaded activity, it looks to be the same except that i don’t have a maximum speed tag. Is this the reason, I wonder?

Note : I did Upload to Garmin Connect, then exported that file as TCX (Garmin did put in the Maximum speed tag) and reuploaded to Intervals and still the same. No Laps.

Thanks!!

I uploaded that on my laptop and the laps came out ok. The trick is to tick the “Keep all laps” box as well as “Use laps”. Otherwise Intervals.icu still processes the laps and gets rid of ones with low power which is all of them in this case.

Thank you For the confirmation and the guidance. I’ve wrote up a “howto” of sorts for others in the thread where I found out about this feature.

@David, it seems to me there is a general “bug” here in i.icu: The first level “use laps” never really works, you always have to go to “Analyze” and then check the necessary checkboxes.
Maybe the top-level “use laps” should really be removed?

1 Like

For those that are using this app, firstly - TQ for your support.

I’ve uploaded a new version which would be ready for release soon as I’ve done more testing on it. In the meantime, if anyone is interested in testing it, the public link is below.

Join the BreakAway: Indoor Training beta public link

Changes:

• PowerRamp now supported on workouts eg: 10m 40-50% (tested based on workouts generated from intervals.icu workout builder specifically)

• PowerMatch w/ on workouts that has PowerRamps

• IdleTimer (when workouts not started, app will honor phone settings on when to do auto lock)

• HRV and LR Power Balance is now supported and will be written to the output file. (ONLY when user selects to Save As Fit file - option in “Advanced Options”. Current iteration will save both FIT and TCX(as backup) for the time being with FIT being the file that gets uploaded to Strava and Intervals if enabled. Future release will eventually migrate over to FIT only). Both FIT and TCX will also support LAPs, hence you can use interval.icu’s “use laps” feature to align the intervals based on the prescribed workout you’re doing.

• within advanced option there’s also an automatic “Screenshot Workout” option which will automatically save a copy of your completed workout as a 4:3 format photo. You can also add some workout details such as Name/Total Time / Distance / Speed of the workout as well as any “canned” custom text. (Take note that there’s no Auto-Upload to Strava - API for that is only available for the big Players such as TR / Zwift / Rouvy etc)

• 3rd row of telemetry is now available showing Speed / Distance and LR Balance if any of these days are available. (Speed/Distance only available if user enables Virtual GPS and LR Balance only if power meter supports it). Also, 3rd row available only in Portrait Mode due to space availability.

• Split Screen View on iPads that supports it (Youtube - How Split Screen Works). This way you can run BreakAway alongside watching a video on Netflix for instance. Or, if your trainer supports it, you can execute a structured workout, with the app controlling the trainer and have it alongside Zwift where you can enjoy the virtual scenery)

• Fixed a bug w/ Strava Login (alongside some other small fixes)

Thanks!! And Let me know feedback / bugs / improvement etc.

1 Like