Exporting *.fit from intervals.icu

Hey there,

Iowas wondering if it is possible to export a fit file from the platform. I have a ride for which power peaks have been fixed and I’d like to reupload the fixed ride to Strava.

Thanks!

P.S.: love intervals.icu! Great work!

2 Likes

Tx. Unfortunately you can’t do that right now. I do have it on the todo list.

2 Likes

Hi @david
First of all: Awsome work!
Any news regarding “export file” feature ?

Not yet but I am keen to get it done.

Yeah, this is missing, it would be a great add. Specially after modifying the file in intervals.icu.

2 Likes

I second that. That would be an excellent addition, as this is by far the easiest way to fix the fit file data there is

1 Like

Is there any update on this David? Would be an excellent addition for a number of reasons. Thanks

1 Like

I have deployed the first version of this. Click the “Fit File” button on the activity data page. I am still trying to figure out how to write some fields on records:

case "respiration":
        case "dfa_a1":
        case "epoc":
        case "smo2_2":
        case "thb_2":
        case "skin_temperature":

So these are not currently included.

3 Likes

Excellent thanks @david !! Will try it out ASAP

1 Like

The guy running the Combining Strava GPS (TCX|GPX|FIT) files, exporting GPX files from Garmin Connect, and adding time stamps to GPX files - GOTOES free utilities site seems to have some knowledge on how to write FIT with IQConnect field data. Most of his tools are free to use, so he might be open to share some information?

1 Like

Nice Find…

Went thru the site and had a look at the various System Stat Logs and % of users who donate
https://gotoes.org/strava/changeLogDisplay.php

Got respiration working. Think I can figure out the others.

https://developer.garmin.com/fit/cookbook/developer-data/

Just did a quick test on my most recent activity. Downloaded .fit and imported to TrainingPeaks - everything seems to align and is working well!

EDIT: I also tried to import the .fit file to my TrainerRoad calendar and whilst all the data was correct, it was importing it on the day I imported it, not on the day I did the workout (this did not happen with TP above)

Couple of questions:

1. Is is possible to have the downloaded .fit file name match the activity name?
  2. Is is possible to download the .fit file for an athlete via the API?
  3. Would it be possible to be able to export individually and in bulk from the /activities page list view?

Thanks for the great work…as always!

Hmm. The file does include timezone info so it should appear on the correct day on your TR calendar. I tested by opening in Golden Cheetah. Maybe TR needs some extra info?

You can already download via the api: GET /api/v1/activity/{id}/fit-file

I will add the name of the activity to the filename. Need to keep the first part so names are unique.

I should be able to make a plan with bulk download.

1 Like

The file is now named after the activity (e.g. i8381593_Night_Ride.fit) and all the streams are now included (dfa_a1, epoc, smo2_2, thb_2, skin_temperature).

1 Like

Would it be possible to have the ability to bulk export .file files please @david?

An action under the Edit menu when viewing Activies in the List view to export selected acivities would be excellent

Thanks

I have added this:

6 Likes

Thank you so much!

When I execute I can’t open the .zip. 1.000+ workouts but only 23kb so I guess it doesn’t contain data. I tried with 2 workouts and there I get an error. I select HR and Power right?

Can you please send me a screenshot of the activities you are trying to download and I will try figure out whats up. Tx.