Email notification when athletes upload new activities

I have added email notifications for when someone you coach uploads a new activity and a separate one for when someone you follow uploads a new activity. These can be enabled on the /athletes page and in the “Email Notifications” section of the /settings page:

9 Likes

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Great job tx

1 Like

Would be great to also get emails when athletes comment activities

Thanks David,
Is it possible to implement email notification for specific planned workouts? I mean: i plan a test for an athlete next week, then he upload that activity and an email is generated only for that activity…

That was fast :grinning: Thank you so much. You must have a really good code base in order to add such features this quickly. Great job :+1:

I wish it were so … :slight_smile: The project has grown organically from just Strava and cycling, to standalone and just cycling, to multisport with several large refactorings to handle all the data. And it didn’t help that I knew very little about sports science when it started. A change like this is low risk and easy to do.

I will see what I can do about that.

1 Like

I have added those and also included other existing related notifications:

4 Likes

Beautiful!

Incredible :fire::fire::fire:

Than you for an amazing platform. I’m blown away by the features and updates.
Would it also be possible to have something like the blue dot used in the forum to indicate when an athlete has an unseen activity that has been uploaded?
Perhaps as an option on the coaching/athletes page?
It would be nice to be able to have a quick glance at that page to see who has new activities.

Tx. Thats a good idea. You can get some of the way there using the activities tab on the /athletes page. It shows the most recently uploaded activities first:

Thanks for the response :blush:
Yes, that is definitely helpful but still easy to miss activities on busy days if not paying attention.
Another thing that I would find helpful as a coach, is to be able to get a notification (maybe a red dot next to the athlete) if they have been inactive for a certain number of days (possibly set different values for each athlete). Similar to compliance but a better indicator that I need to check in to see what’s up.

2 Likes