Dropbox support

Intervals.icu now attempts to parse the workout name from the filename for .fit files from Trainer Road.

6 Likes

Working, thanks David!

At the moment that does not work for me. However i synched it only 3 hours ago…let’s wait

Great having that dropbox integration. I have just checked all of my 3rd party apps connected to my Dropbox account. Each of them does have access to just one folder. I would highly appreciate if intervals.icu wouldn’t need total access to my dropbox.

1 Like

To do that I need to create another Intervals.icu app just for uploads and you would need to authorise that separately. I do have that on the todo list but it is a bit of work.

2 Likes

Great to know :slight_smile:

@david Dropbox support is working great for me, thank you very much. Regarding the uploading functionality it would also be great to also see an export of the wellness data similar to the “Download CSV” on the wellness data tab.

Tx. Thats a good idea. I will see if I can add it.

@david Just a heads up it looks like it’s not parsing the names all the time from a dropbox upload.

Aha. I fixed this and will deploy Wed AM (GMT+2). It was expecting the name to be at least 8 characters, now it is 4. Tx.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m happy with the fact you are matching duplicate events from Strava; however, I still like to access the Strava event sometimes after the initial sync. Would you please consider adding “View on Strava”, “View on Dropbox”, etc links to the header instead of replacing as currently implemented? Another option that may be easier could be to add this data to the Chat stream on the event from a Bot as long as it is still a clickable link.

2 Likes

Thats a good idea. I should be able to do that for Strava at least.

2 Likes

Thanks for addressing this so promptly!

1 Like

Apologies if this has already been covered…

…I used the dropbox functionality to upload a single fit file that I wanted to analyse with intervals.icu. The log window shows “Downloaded 2021-11-02-21-57-06.fit, created [i2379169 2021-11-02T21:57:06 Ride]”, but I can’t see it anywhere.

I assume I’m doing something wrong, but not sure what. If it matters, I have a similar file present already (recorded via trainerroad then synced to strava), but this was recorded via a garmin and is a different length.

Edit - Looking at the activity that does show, it seems to have merged the two (I see strava and dropbox in the top right). Going forward, if I wanted the dropbox vs the strava version should I just delete the strava activity before uploading the other to dropbox?

Files from Dropbox replace matching activities from Strava so what you have is the Dropbox version. It keeps the name and ID from Strava so the activity can still be viewed on Strava. You can click Options → Show activity source on the calendar page to see where activities came from.

Thanks. Interesting that they’re different data sources / different durations but you still managed to match them together.

Kudos on that, I thought I was being clever keeping them different so I could see both. lol

Tx. If they are too different then they will be kept separate so better to not do that :slight_smile:

David this is fantastic, I’ve only just realised this is possible.

Just so I understand how this works, or rather, what’s the best way of getting my data into intervals if I’m using Dropbox and Strava? I am auto uploading my wahoo files to dropbox via a If This Then Thatt (IFTT) argument, as, I want to see the Left/Right power balance specifically. I have synced the folder and looked for new activities as of 22nd April to capture last Sunday’s rides - and it’s picked up the two rides. Links to Strava work and it’s appearing like this:

Capture

https://intervals.icu/activities/i5307343

For future rides - will it still pull the data from Strava and the link still work and is it overlaying the Dropbox data on top?! Or will it just auto pull data from dropbox, ignoring Strava data and/or do I have to unlink Strava (which I don’t want to do)? Excellent work all the same. :clap::clap::clap:

Tx. Intervals.icu replaces Strava activities when it gets matching stuff from Dropbox, Garmin, Suunto or Polar. It keeps the name and some other stuff from Strava and also remembers the Strava ID so it can still link there.

So you should keep Strava and Dropbox linked.

If importing old rides from Dropbox, will (manually edited) intervals be copied over to the matching ride from Dropbox or will they default to auto-detected intervals?

E.g. right now I have years worth of rides on Strava, some of them with manually edited intervals. If I link Dropbox, as I understand it, the rides will be replaced with the Dropbox-sourced rides. Will I lose my manually edited intervals?