Dropbox support

I’ve reconnected my Strava sync as some previous rides were not showing for some weeks so I was getting gaps on my fitness chart and in the calendar. How are existing Strava rides handled? Have they been downloaded to Intercals.icu?

You might have some gaps. If you click “Refresh” on the fitness chart it will try fill those in.

1 Like

Are there plans to add support for .TCX files on this?

I just disconnected Strava only to find out I’m not getting power data for most of my rides because they’re .TCX files. Rookie mistake, should’ve checked first, but wondering if I should reconnect Strava in the meantime or if TCX is coming soon.

Yes I am going to support TCX soon but you should probably turn Strava back on for now.

Very nice, have been able to unlink Strava so you’re getting all my raw data.

One question, or an observation maybe, the files TrainerRoad drop into Dropbox has the workout name in it but it’s showing as lunch ride in my history here. Is there any setting that needs changing on my end?

I had a look at your most recent TR ride … is this the filename “firemunki-2021-04-27-san-joaquin-5-108707344.fit”? What part of that is the name of the workout? There is nothing in the actual file. Tx.

Hi @david it’s San Joaquin-5.

I think it would need some unpleasant regex (ugh) so nothing major!

Intervals.icu now attempts to parse the workout name from the filename for .fit files from Trainer Road.

6 Likes

Working, thanks David!

At the moment that does not work for me. However i synched it only 3 hours ago…let’s wait

Great having that dropbox integration. I have just checked all of my 3rd party apps connected to my Dropbox account. Each of them does have access to just one folder. I would highly appreciate if intervals.icu wouldn’t need total access to my dropbox.

1 Like

To do that I need to create another Intervals.icu app just for uploads and you would need to authorise that separately. I do have that on the todo list but it is a bit of work.

2 Likes

Great to know :slight_smile:

@david Dropbox support is working great for me, thank you very much. Regarding the uploading functionality it would also be great to also see an export of the wellness data similar to the “Download CSV” on the wellness data tab.

Tx. Thats a good idea. I will see if I can add it.

@david Just a heads up it looks like it’s not parsing the names all the time from a dropbox upload.

Aha. I fixed this and will deploy Wed AM (GMT+2). It was expecting the name to be at least 8 characters, now it is 4. Tx.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m happy with the fact you are matching duplicate events from Strava; however, I still like to access the Strava event sometimes after the initial sync. Would you please consider adding “View on Strava”, “View on Dropbox”, etc links to the header instead of replacing as currently implemented? Another option that may be easier could be to add this data to the Chat stream on the event from a Bot as long as it is still a clickable link.

2 Likes

Thats a good idea. I should be able to do that for Strava at least.

2 Likes

Thanks for addressing this so promptly!

1 Like