Do you love your cycling glasses?

Hello,

the fad today is big “mask” for eye protection. Sadly I have noticed that the marketing is more toward how you look and not claiming good sun blocking !

For example I bought the latest Rapha shades and I am dazzled when the sun is low or strong. That’s a shame !

Do you now any classification for sun blocking power or would you advise me something really good against the sun !

Sorry ‘bout that…

I guess that the more it blocks sun beams, the more risk you take in (tree covered) shady areas. More so on descends and bad road surfaces.

I have a Sinner, don’t remember which model, but it does the job.

Well this morning we rode a long stretch on a cycle path riding west. Around 9 am the sun was quite low and it was harsh to battle against dazzling, especially because there was sun and tree shades. Maybe a photochromic glass would do the trick

I love the comfort, fit and capabilities of mine. From dusk until dawn :sunglasses: Not an expert and I suppose it is largely personal anyway

Highly recommend Roka - most of their glasses are full coverage (but also fit the recent style trends) and they offer photochromatic lenses or a variety of others. I have the SL frame and HC octane mirror lenses and they’re perfect for mornings, shade, and full sun though when it’s super bright I sometimes wish they were slightly darker. You can buy extra lenses if you often ride in varying conditions too.

Added bonus is they’re super light (can’t really feel them on your face) and the grips are very good (never lost them even on bumpy roads).

–100%

Have some old Oakley M Frames which I’ve used for years, optics are excellent. The lenses have deteriorated (either broken corners so won’t fit frame or coatings are peeling) so I’m only left with the yellow lenses now which I use all the time. To be honest they are fine in most conditions except low bright sun. I’ve ordered some replacement photochromatic lenses from China as a stop gap until I get some new glasses.
I tried the Oakley EV Zeros as I wanted a frameless lense so it doesn’t block vision when in the drops but to be honest they weren’t all that secure, grip on the M Frames is better so I returned them.
Not looked at any others yet, want a photochromatic as I’m out riding in all conditions, night and day, either frameless or large frame, any suggestions would be good.

Thank you for your answer. A lot of people and reviews on the web find the Oakley optics very good BUT quality has deteriorated in the last 15 years according to Oakley fans.

Some people are saying Sungod is good but I don’t like the no return policy since it’s highly customizable and made on the order

Agreed, looked at Sungods but the no return policy put me off.

Got some Oakleys on discount with photochromic lenses. I’ve worn them every ride and they’ve been brilliant.

I have planned to wait for Black Friday :slight_smile: or winter discounts

I have bought Oakly Sutro S and I find them cool after the first try. Regular Sutro were too big for my face, I was looking like Adam Yates :wink: