Distanced based workouts supported

I have the same case but my workout is 5x2 km on track (from 4:25min/km to 4:15min/km each a little faster. First I did like you and increased a little distance but then came to my mind, that better would be to set duration. I did like this:

Important is to mention that from my own experience I always run a little faster than it is planned :wink: Supposedly this should also work.

1 Like

Asking again :sweat_smile:
It would be great if you can add ā€˜minā€™ (for ā€˜mā€™) and allow also allow a white space there?

I just did that. You can use " s sec secs, ' m min mins, h hour hours now and whitespace is ok.

Update: I had to get rid of sec, secs, min and mins. They show up spuriously in workouts from external calendars.

2 Likes

Hi David,

One suggestion: to improve the step box on mobile version (itā€™s not responsive)

Although this, GREAT WORK! thanks a lot

1 Like

Tx. I have made some changes for mobile. Will deploy later.

A late bug report for this awesome feature!

The distance-based planned workout should render also as distance-based inside the activity.

Also note that there are only 14 intervals shown while the workout contains 15.

Hereā€™s the workout link: Intervals.icu

Unfortunately thats very hard to do. The activity charts run everything on time. Thats why I added the distance ruler instead of supporting a ā€œdistance/timeā€ toggle.

1 Like

Then the green overlaid workout line is useless for distance-based workouts. Probably we need a switch to hide it. Also I frequently find myself unable to move it left/right far enough to really align

Is it possible to have a run until total distance step? So the step ends when the total (for the whole workout, not just that step) distance reaches some value?

The use case for this is when doing intervals within a run workout (fartlek-style or just pickups), I often tack on extra low intensity volume at the end to reach a target total distance. The intervals are done using a pace or HR range, so I basically have to estimate how much more distance should be done in a cooldown. Would be awesome if that was automatic

Most devices donĀ“t support mixing targets. ItĀ“s not dependent on Intervals.

1 Like

Ah thatā€™s true, fair. I guess I could just do lap button press (or learn to estimate better)

1 Like

Whenever I plug a distance into the workout builder, the duration the distance will take seems to be set to a default number. E.g. It will take the same amount of time to cover 4 miles in Z1 as it does in Z5.

Where does this pace/mile come from? (It seems to be somewhere around Mid-Z2)
How can I make the time for distance at different efforts show up correctly?

Thanks!

(p.s. I know 4 mi running in Z5 is impossible, itā€™s just an example of how the pace/mi doesnā€™t change)

did you set up your pace zones?

Yup, all zones are set upā€¦

I think those are only used if the Training actually involves pace zones

youā€™re rightā€¦ the way itā€™s written, that seems like Power Zones i think.

So the only way to do it is by pace?

Iā€™d love for Intervals to know 4 miles at Z1 power is going to take longer than 4 miles at Z4 power, since I rarely actually train by pace, Iā€™m always going by power or hr.

Have a similar question. It seems like when I put in a pace target (e.g. for intervals, warmup/cooldown still based on HR), the load calculation doesnā€™t try to estimate the appropriate HR zones, so the load for the workout is way off. I can manually guesstimate the load, but would be ideal if the site could ā€œinterpolateā€ the right HR ranges based on target paces. All my pace and HR zones are set up and have the same number for each. Would that be possible @david ?

Example workout:

I edited the load to 60, before it was in the 30s. These paces are around Z4.

Currently yes. There have been older threads here discussing a similar problem. I ā€œplanā€ commutes as well and I know the distance and time itā€™ll take me, but Iā€™d have to ā€œplanā€ it by duration as distance+power does not calculate the time I know it takes.

You can specify the steps using power and pace targets but perform the workout using power:

- 4mi Z1 Z1 Pace
- 4mi Z4 Z4 Pace

It will use the pace targets to estimate the duration of each step.

2 Likes