Date ranges on 'Compare' charts

Hi @david

Really enjoying getting to grips with the website, I’ve had a bit of a search but not found whether the below is possible/a possibly useful to others.

On the ‘compare’ page the range of charts is amazing, however it would be great if different charts could be given different date ranges. Some things are best to compare month-month, others better season-season. I don’t know whether this would be better to give individual charts the option to give a date range, or allow additional ‘compare’ tabs which allow a range to be set for each set of charts.

Thanks
Ross

3 Likes

I have added this to the todo list. The main complexity is how to do that in the UI. Maybe add sections and all charts in the same section share dates.

Allowing multiple instances of the charts section, each with their own date range, would be great. It is probably a better way to arrange it than having to set dates for each individual chart for ease of updating when required.

2 Likes

Came here to post the same request. The ability to pick which time periods are displayed per chart would be a massive value add for me.

Being to able to have short MoM comparison charts and also full season/many months charts would let people see the short term and long term changes.

@david any updates?

1 Like

I agree this would be very useful and it’s not that hard to implement so will get done eventually. Right now sorting out pace zones and associated analytics and specifying workouts by pace is top of the list to complete the multisport picture.

1 Like

Hello @david

Thanks for all the hard/terrific work on intervals.icu, I’m still exploring what the platform has to offer. I assume this ticket/issue is still open, as I can’t see a way of controlling date ranges per chart? For me, the ability to have custom date ranges on a per chart basis is absolutely essential for the reasons already outlined earlier in this thread.

Suggestion: What would be really good, apart from just the ability to have per-chart date ranges, would be the ability to create custom/multiple “dashboards” of charts. This would allow the athlete/coach/person to aggregate together sets of related charts into groups that make sense for the given user. A bit like how on the Garmin Connect website it is possible to add/create multiple dashboards. So I’d suggest that custom date ranges should ideally be thought of in the context of this broader feature, since this way one avoids chart overload with every chart all loading on the one single page/dashboard all at once, and one can conceptually organise charts together into particular contexts that make sense for the requirements of the particular user, depending on what they’re interested in analysing or focusing on at any particular time.

Thanks

Aren.

1 Like

I second the request to have multiple compare chart pages. I think it will get really busy all on one page.

I do need to do “tabs” or something similar to achieve that, also on the /fitness page. I am busy with annoying back-end work to make the site scale better. I hope to get back to adding features soon.

3 Likes

Multiple tabs on the fitness page would be so epic and gives a more clean look to the whole page. A way to zoom in to the fitness chart (like you can in a activity) is what I also have in my mind for years :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have started working on this. Current plan is to make most of the settings in Options (charts enabled etc.) to apply per tab:

6 Likes

I’ve just seen this. Can the tab order be changed (like you’d arrange tabs in a web browser)

Not yet but that a good idea.

1 Like

I just added support for that:

2 Likes

Wow. That was fast. Thanks!