Customise calendar colours

You can now customise how activities and workouts are displayed on the calendar. There are separate settings for each sport.

Note that if you are looking at someone else’s calendar then you will see their settings. You can look at them and play around but not save changes (“Ok”) unless you are coaching the athlete.

The default settings use a different solid colour for Ride, Run, Swim and other. Useful for multisport athletes. Here I have set “Ride” to use an colour scale based on “Load” for each activity. I only do cycling so this works out for me :slight_smile: The other similar options (intensity and RPE) use the same scale.

I have ticked the “Ignore workout colours” box which makes these settings apply to planned workouts as well. Otherwise planned workouts get whatever colour is set on them and fallback to the activity colours if none is set.

The other checkbox control what stats are displayed for each activity. GAP, intensity and description are new options, the others toggle existing things on/off.

13 Likes

Wow, amazing!

I like the idea!
However, to me, the hardest (intensity > 90) don’t look harder than the ~80, based on the color.

I think a scale from Green (easy) to Red (hard) would make more sense

3 Likes

Great, I Was thinking that such a feature would really improve the calendar, and then it happens, wow!
I have two suggestions :

• currently, my biking commutes activities, that I record with the strava app are not coloured but remain grey, whereas all other activities that I record with a Garmin are colored. Would it be possible to apply colours even to activities recorded with the strava app?
  • It would be nice to create personalised groups of activities. For instance, to have a colour for races, and one for trainings. Actually, I think the logic of custom filters used for creating custom charts is great, and it would be amazing to be able to colour activities with such groups.

As always, thanks for all the continuous improvement!

Yes that should work but I see it isn’t. Will fix.

Races are currently still in red regardless of sport and so on. I might make them respect the colour set using the edit dialog.

This stuff is already quite complicated so I probably won’t be able to make it quite as flexible as the custom fitness chart filters.

nice feature but the colours should be others. My suggestion, maybe one more green around the IV

2 Likes

Hi - When I click the colors drop-down in Options, nothing appears - I’m not seeing the dialog you showed. I’m in Chrome.

Mac / Chrome

Also works in Mac / Safari

Yes - it’s appearing now. It wasn’t before - no clue. Maybe it was popping up underneath? Dunno. All good now.

2 Likes

yeah… I understand, it usually sorts itself out the moment after one decides to ask/post in a forum.
:rofl:

1 Like

eccezionale

1 Like

Slider for transparency seems it does nothing (at least on my iOS 15.2 iPad). maybe should it be removed?

Btw this feature is great!!
What about an additional option to use the color scale for “IF” instead of “Load”? :thinking:

Tx. I have removed that slider. Transparent versions of the colours are used for planned workouts so that is why alpha is not supported.

Isn’t IF “Intensity”? That is supported or did you mean something else?

yes it’s exactly that. I haven’t seen it, my bad, sorry!

1 Like

Love the new feature!

I either found a bug or I’m doing something wrong…
When I click on Colors → Load I’m unable the change the scale from 25-250.
For example, I can change 250 to 200 and hit OK, but the scale doesn’t actually change and when I open the options screen again it is back to 25-250.
Using Safari 15 Mac

Ack that was stupid. I just fixed it. Tx for the report.

1 Like

Awesome works like a charm. Thanks for the quick fix!

I’m not sure if this is a bug or I’m missing something…

I have set grey Color for my “weight training” sport, with the tick on “ignore workout Colors” so all my Strength training should be grey, no matter the Color I choose.

This is the case A, my future workout is grey in my calendar :white_check_mark:

But… in the calendar one of my past workout is “default blue” for a past planned workout without color (C) and another is “gold” for a past planned workout with colour (B)

I hope it makes sense what I’m trying to say :grimacing:

Ah I missed setting the colour for a planned workout paired with an activity. Fixed.

1 Like