Custom activity charts

Definitely something is wrong on the mobile view. It seems you can now add custom charts to the intervals tab, but this needs some more polishing:

However, it is normal that things like that occurs with the recent quickly updates with great features we are getting on intervals.icu.

david is moving fast :wink: Wasnā€™ there last time I looked.

Off course, just sharing my findings. Within a couple of weeks we will see things that we only could dream of a while ago. :drooling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the answer Povedano. Unfortunately itā€™s not exactly what I want to achieve, I want to plot my entire workout.

You can reduce the size of the margins using the layout object:

layout = {
  title: {
    text: "Average power for work intervals"
  },
  margin: {
    l: 20,
    r: 20,
    t: 20,
    b: 20
  }
}

I need to provide some more info and add a few more settings for mobile. If you set the width of your chart to say ā€œ40%ā€ then it will be tiny on mobile. The width and height are css and I am going to add support for some others (e.g. flex for growing when there is space).

I am going to be looking into how to support records and other things with lots of values soon. But at the moment you canā€™t do much.

2 Likes

I am going to be looking into how to support records and other things with lots of values soon. But at the moment you canā€™t do much.

Thank you David, that would be awesome to be able to extract and plot relevant datas for other sport types.

If you need fit file examples let me know.

I am sharing linFit function that estimates best linear regression for data (x, y)
Arguments for this function are as follows:

• x: array of x values
  • y: array of y values

The function returns an array of 2 elements [m, b], where

• m: slope of the linear regression
  • b: intercept of the linear regression

To use it in your custom charts, just copy the function at the end of the script and call it from your code as below:

p = linFit(x, y);

Then you can calculate estimated y (ye) for a given x (xk) as:

ye = p[1] * xk + p[2];

Chart RRa1 shows one implementation of this function (with some modification for that specific purpose).
I hope it is useful for developing more and more awesome charts.

Code for the linFit function:

function linFit(x, y) {
	let SXi2 = 0;
	let SXi = 0;
	let SXiYi = 0;
	let SYi = 0;
	let n = x.length;
	for (let i = 0; i < n; i++) {
		SXi = SXi + x[i];
		SXi2 = SXi2 + x[i] * x[i];
		SYi = SYi + y[i];
		SXiYi = SXiYi + x[i] * y[i];
	}
	let det_A = SXi2 * n - SXi * SXi;
	let m = 0;
	let b = y[0];
	if (det_A != 0) {
		m = (SXiYi * n - SXi * SYi) / det_A;
		b = (SXi2 * SYi - SXiYi * SXi) / det_A;
	}
	return [m, b];
}
8 Likes

Looks great except Average and Normalised overlay each other, might be something to do with the Y axis height?

Arh, itā€™s when Normalised is less than the Average, didnā€™t know that was possible. Iā€™ll write a fix sometime over the weekend.

Thanks for the feedback, let me know what else youā€™d like, quite like messing about with all this.

Made another one yesterday that breaks the ride down into 30 mins chunks which Iā€™m finding useful too

cool thanks for looking at it.
Iā€™d quite like a chart thats 1 min or can select 1-5min chunks that show which polarised model zone Iā€™m in

You can break it down by 1 minute using the ā€˜Power & HR by every 30minsā€™ chart and changing the top line of the script to be 1 instead of 30

Iā€™ll have a think about how to colour the bars by zone but this might be tricky as everyoneā€™s zones are different in terms of ranges, names and even quantity.

1 Like

I have this for determining the 3 polarised zones - while not perfect itā€™s close enough I believe and can be done from HR or FTP

Thanks figure that out and how to change the colours. I assume at the moment the columns just alternate. Iā€™d like to get them to be a colour based on a wattage range or percent of FTP

1 Like

Small tip: you have available the interval zone (iv.zone)

Thanks, these arenā€™t actual interviews they are sudo intervals created in the script to break it down by every x mins.

Theres an athlete settings table with zones in so could get them there (presumably, not actually looked yet) but worried how to code it if some people have 4 zones and some have 6 say.

Might just go for the sub 80% of FTP and over FTP for now.

1 Like

Oh, I thought you were talking about your other chart. Sorry, let me fix my mistake with some code (this is so fun to play with :grimacing:).

colors = ['blue', 'green', 'yellow', 'orange', 'red', 'purple', 'grey', 'black']
zones = []

for (let i=0; i < activity.icu_power_zones.length; i++)
{
   zones.push(activity.icu_ftp * (activity.icu_power_zones[i]/100))
}

avgPowerTest = 380
zone = zones.findIndex((x) => avgPowerTest < x )
colors[zone]

1 Like

Tried my hand at quadrant analysis.

repo here: Intervals.icu-Dev/CustomChart_QA.js at main Ā· mikeschaefer/Intervals.icu-Dev (github.com)

7 Likes

Very nice, @Mike_Schaefer! However, your plot requires crank_length field that my activity lacked. I had to go through the code an put various vars in the plot title to debug.

@david it seems we canā€™t just console.log with these plots? How can we debug them and maybe declare requirements/show errors?

@Andrii_Magalich I threw this script up on github if you (or anyone else) want to enhance. I made the chart public so i can take enhancements and update source.

Latest update added default crank length of 172.5 if no crank length is in activity, and it adds percentage of data points in each quadrant.

Intervals.icu-Dev/CustomChart_QA.js at main Ā· mikeschaefer/Intervals.icu-Dev (github.com)

2 Likes

I have added the power, pace and hr curves to the icu object. These are also available to custom activity field scripts.

• powerCurve (power duration curve)
  • powerCurveFatigued0 (power curve after some KJ of work done)
  • powerCurveFatigued1 (power curve after more KJ of work done)
  • hrCurve (heart rate duration curve)
  • paceCurve (distance vs time curve)
  • gapCurve (distance vs time using gradient adjusted pace)

PDC chart:

{
  let pc = icu.powerCurve

let trace1 = {
    x: pc.secs,
    y: pc.watts,
    type: 'scatter'
  }

let data = [trace1]

let layout = {
    title: {
      text: "Power curve"
    },
    xaxis: {
      type: 'log',
      autorange: true
    }
  }

chart = {data, layout}
}

Data model:

JsHRCurve

A heart rate duration curve.

• secs int[] ~ Time points. Note that not all seconds are included. The curve gets sparse as time goes out.
  • bpm int[] ~ HR for corresponding entry in secs.
  • start_index int[] ~ Where corresponding point starts in the activity
  • end_index int[] ~ Where corresponding point ends in the activity (exclusive)
  • indexOf(int seconds) int ~ What is the index of the point on the curve that has a duration of at least seconds? Returns -1 if the curve
    is not that long.
  • getBpm(int seconds) Integer

JsPaceCurve

A pace duration curve.

• isGap boolean ~ Is this gradient adjusted pace?
  • distance float[] ~ Distance points. Note that not all distances are included. The curve gets sparse as time goes out.
  • secs int[] ~ Time to cover the matching distance.
  • indexOf(float distance) int ~ What is the index of the point on the curve that has a distance of at least distance? Returns -1 if the curve
    is not that long.
  • getSpeed(float distance) Float ~ Returns speed in meters/second or null if curve not that long. Note that the distance might be more than the
    distance parameter.

JsPowerCurve

A power duration curve.

• secs int[] ~ Time points. Note that not all seconds are included. The curve gets sparse as time goes out.
  • watts int[] ~ Power for corresponding entry in secs.
  • watts_per_kg float[] ~ Power/weight for corresponding entry in secs.
  • after_kj int ~ If the curve is fatigued then this is the amount of work done before the curve.
  • indexOf(int seconds) int ~ What is the index of the point on the curve that has a duration of at least seconds? Returns -1 if the curve
    is not that long.
  • getWatts(int seconds) Integer
  • getWattsPerKg(int seconds) Float
4 Likes

I have added a ā€œConsoleā€ tab to see the log.

7 Likes