Coros and structured workouts

Like @Oliver_Byrne I’m debating a Coros or Garmin 255. Have you had any word back from Coros @david , if not I’ll prob just go with the Garmin.

So far 0 communication from Coros.

1 Like

No not a peep.

2 Likes

I opened a new ticket on feb 1, this just got merged into my other open ticket (since august 2022) with the following message:

Thank you for bumping this message. I am bringing this to the attention to our team to see if this has been updated.

So, progress, maybe?

1 Like

Lol, the system at Coros just autoclosed it because I didn’t reply to their “I am bringing this to the attention to our team to see if this has been updated.”, I feel like there is an analogy in there somewhere.

Anyhoe, added a new comment to keep the ticket open at least.

2 Likes

Got a contact at coros, things might be moving again.

5 Likes

I also opened a case by them, hope this helps

Coros have sent me an API key etc. and I am busy with the integration. Thanks to everyone who chased them on this.

I need someone with a Coros watch to authorise Intervals.icu so I can have some data to test with. If you would like to help with that please send me a DM. I will enable the Coros box in settings for you. It only does auth now but this will give me an access token to test with. Thanks.

6 Likes

Coros activity, resting HR and sleep download is now enabled for everyone. I have also implemented upload of structured workouts but am waiting for Coros to enable that for Intervals.icu.

The people who DM’ed me to help test (thanks!) also have an extra option to upload planned workouts. That doesn’t work yet but hopefully will soon.

11 Likes

Thanks for that! Does it work automatically (i.e. using webhooks) or is it only manual pull for now?

Activities are downloaded via webhooks. Wellness data is polled when you visit Intervals.icu and every 8 hours or so.

are sleep and rest hr the only metrics available? i’m interested in the hrv data

and one for the future. is it possible to make workouts based on gap. the coros training hub supports that

Regarding wellness data, there are a couple of things that you need to be aware of before deciding if you want the data from Coros or from another source.
resting HR seems to be the lowest HR measured during the 24hr. I don’t want that, I want the resting HR measured during my morning routine for HRV. That’s the most consistent measurement.
Sleep is Total Sleeping time including Awake time. That’s contradictory with the Coros phone app where Sleep Time is not including Awake time.
If you wake up in the middle of the night and it takes multiple hours to fall back asleep, all this awake time is registered as Sleep time. I don’t want that either, so in the end I deactivated wellness data again and I keep using my OCR automation to populate the custom fields with the values scanned on the phone app.

Activity sync works well and is really nice to have.
Let’s see how the planned workouts will turn out.
Thank you @david for another integration!

1 Like

Tx for testing it out. Supposedly Intervals.icu now has access to upload planned workouts. It didn’t work for me yet.

{ "result": "1001", "message": "Service exceptions" }
1 Like

I’ve ticked the box in anticipation :grin:

Coros helped out and it looks like it is working now. Meaning workouts get uploaded. I don’t have a Coros device so I don’t know how well they run on the watch. But the API and options are quite simple so I am hopeful that they work.

Also in the web app it looks like you need to go to the calendar, open the training plans sidebar and drag and drop it onto the calendar to activate. After that changes are applied automatically.

I see my workouts now on cores. But it looks like the values are not correct. I have set a 50m 70-80% ftp. Time is okay in Coros, but the power value is there set to 69 - 79 watt

Tx. I think I have fixed this. Will deploy Friday AM (GMT+2).

It already seems to work, thx!!

1 Like

Awesome. I’ve defined my training based on zones and looks like power is correct in Coros using that method. All synced and renders on the watch in the Training Plan section. See how it works with tomorrow’s easy 30mins with the dog :slight_smile:

2 Likes