Combining indoor and outdoor activities into one activity

Dear Comrades,

In my longer training rides, i generally do the endurance intervals outdoors and the higher intensity intervals part indoor, because i dont have hills/mountains long enough for, lets say 1h threshold intervals. That means that i end up with 3, 4, or even more activities, when in reality its just one big activity. I tried combining the fit files with fitfiletools and other websites, but it just dont upload/import correctly to Garmin Connect, Strava, or Intervals. I would rather have one activity for a more easier analysis, instead of several and i really dont want to do 5h exclusivelly indoors. Any thoughts ?

Haven’t used it yet but Gerald (one of the mods here) has a tool for that

As @MedTechCD shared (thanks) the FitFiles feature allows you to stitch two activities together without the need to download nor upload anything.

I guess I could add an option to stitch multiple activities together, but for now it’s only two activities at a time.

So assume you have 3 activities… labelled A, B and C, then you would stitch A+B to get D. Then stitch D+C to get E. If you choose delete originals, then only E will be left after the two stitch processes. If you choose to keep originals, then you will have A, B, C, D and E.

Dear Comrades,

Meanwhile i kept experimenting and i realised that if i go to the data folder inside the activity and click on original fit file, for all the activities that i want to merge and then use te FitFileTools to combine them, the “new” activity gets imported without errors. Thanks for all your replys.

You might try also https://thesplit.fit. The main bonus there is that it properly recalculates all the combined sessions data (NP, averages, calories, etc…) which is not something I found everywhere.