Coaching Experiences

Would love to get some input on peoples experiences using a coach.

At 51 I’m considering what to do, it feels like I could use one if I want to improve optimally, but equally I tend to lose interest in things if plans are too regimented etc -

I dont have an indoor trainer and dont force myself out in the wet or otherwise horrible conditions unless I have somewhere I’ve planned to go, so prefer to keep it flexible around weather.

I’ve signed up for a gravel race in May but that was more about a new experience and a trip to somewhere new, and logistically I might not actually do it, but I’m still aiming as if I am. And at the minimum I just want to be as fit as I can and back to my level of a couple years ago (when I mostly just cycled but somehow had a better ftp).

Would love to hear others experiences. Did you achieve your goals or better? Did it work for you or not? Was it nice to have someone to chat to and look at your data? Cost? The good and the bad (if any)!!

Appreciate there are coaches here too and would be happy to get their input but it’s more from this side of the fence.

Hey there! As someone who’s both a coach and an athlete, I totally get where you’re coming from. Here’s the lowdown: having a coach can fast-track your progress, keep you on track when motivation dips, and help you dodge those annoying training pitfalls. Plus, they’re like your personal cheerleader, always there to analyze your data, set realistic goals, and give you that extra push when you need it. Sure, coaching can come with a price tag, but for many riders, the benefits far outweigh the cost. Bottom line? If you’re serious about smashing your goals and levelling up your cycling game, a coach could be just what you need.

2 Likes