Clarification Regarding Race Events

Hi,

Is there any way we can have Race Events behave like planned workouts? with auto calculating load depending on steps and such?

as simple as - 10k Z3 would be nice.

For now I have a Race event on the calendar, and right next to it a workout to estimate load for the “bigger picture” (read fitness chart). While that works, with a triathlon that’s 6 events where 3 would in theory be enough :wink:

1 Like

Thats a good idea but a bit tricky to implement. I only do road races and the power traces from those are a complete mess but I can see how this might be useful for time trials and triathlons.

1 Like

I played around with Best Bike Split lately, and they have a way to define a race using a gpx file, enter some values regarding your physique and your bike and they allow you to download an MRC file which imports nicely into a workout on intervals. I did that for one stage of a stage race I plan on doing in june and while it produced like a shitload of lines in the workout (with intervals between a few seconds and around a minute) it does predict time and load quite nice (I guess)

so with best bike split that will definitely work for the bike leg of a triathlon, the swim is basically: distance at predicted race pace and maybe one could hack best bike split to do equally well with a stryd power meter for the run.

So regarding the implementation: maybe just have the race behave like a workout? If the data one enters there makes any sense is up to the athlete/coach as it is right now with regular workouts

1 Like

A hack I’ve used for this is to start editing the entry as a workout, which does all the auto calculation

Then switch the Category of the entry to [A,B,C] Race and the calculations all carry over

3 Likes

But other than workouts they won’t update on zone changes