Can't comment /new user

I’m a new user trying to figure out if I should move from TP.

So I can’t comment on a workout after the athlete completes it says I need to do API.

The second problem is that do I need to have two accounts? One for coach and one for my athltes?

What about RPE on mobile? Can an athlte write a comment and RPE ?

We have a comments section for every completed activity, and it is built directly into the interface and easily accessible there.

You only need one account, which you can manage your own training and also access your athletes’ profiles. Each athlete still needs their own account, as is also standard on other platforms.

Yes, athletes can leave RPE, “how did you feel” scale, and comments via mobile or desktop. However, what is indeed missing here is an app capable of sending notifications and “reminding” the athlete to provide that information after a completed workout (does TP do this?).

Okay I got it I can use one account. Thank you but I can’t comment on my athletes workouts or I don’t see the RPE option after a workout.

This is no official app.

But to use chat messages on that third party app,

Go to your settings and create your key

Afterwards logout and login again in that app

RPE and Feel has a pop-up which remains as a pop-up if not completed. However, it requires the activity to be opened, so is reliant on the athlete opening the application and activity.

great thank you - fixed

Sorry Gerald can’t see it anywhere. I opened my activity from this morning and it doesn’t show me on the app just on the Desktop. The other question is when I comment to ask the athlete how it was I didn’t get a notification (in this case to myself)

This is not an official Intervals.icu app. I’ve warned the community before about third-party apps using the Intervals name and even its visual identity.

1 Like

As Gabriel has said, there is no official “app”. If you are using a mobile device, it must be intervals.icu as per the screenshot I’ve saved now, 19:46 (SAST). If Strava is connected, and the RPE is completed there it can auto fill, but not Feel. I haven’t filled in Feel yet, as an example that it reminds me until I complete it.

Aha got it so through ICU app the RPE can’t be done they need to go web based to do it. It’s a shame as it causes friction for the athlete, they won’t be going first the app and then web browser to do an RPE

AGAIN, THIS IS NO OFFICIAL APP! It’s a third party app.

But, you can also set RPE and Feel in that app.

Or just use intervals.icu directly on mobile in browser or save it to your Home Screen as app.

1 Like

aha got it I didn’t know it’s not the official app. Now I found it on the app. How come there is no official app?

Some responses from David, that I could find, relating to apps:

Though I think he mentioned in this podcast an app could be developed in the near future.

1 Like

Yes we have started work on an official app and hope that will speed up soon.

Cheers David

8 Likes

on ios you can create an app from a website which works pretty ok for most of the things.

it is easy, google it

on android there are apps to create apps from websites too

they are paid but not that much

“How come there is no official app?”

creating an app is very expensive even more maintaining the app and constant updating is even more expensive, intervals.icu is not a simple bulletproof site like Strava etc. where all you do is upload your data and the site is mainly responsible for managing users data. Intervals.icu lets you customize almost every aspect of its behavior and most importantly is free ofc you can feel free to support creators via $ or by popularizing the site for example. So answering your initioal question: how come?..it is not that easy to find someone who will spend 1k+ hours on a hobby side project and give it away for free and maintain on a daily basis. I think you should appreciate more what you have now, I said a year or two ago in one of my comments, that David could probably sell it all and live a nice comfy life on a yacht or smth for some reason he decided to invest time and money into this project and really don’t you have an impression that they are at least 50 people working on that? I use intervals.icu for couple of years and it was down once or twice for couple of hours during that time, where for example Strava was down more often and every couple of days hangs up completely bc Safari says it was using 5gb+ of memory and was shutted down :wink: Strava: 530+ employers, keep that in mind.

ps. If is sound harsh..sorry for that just really some appreciation for things you get for free would be nice I think.

2 Likes

Cool man I get it. I don’t mind paying for a service like I do for Training Peaks. I’m a coach so it’s not just for me, it’s for my athletes so I need to make sure my athletes will be happy with the experience otherwise it reflects on me.

I like intervals but like I said all my athletes are still on TP so I’m thinking still to switch or not

got it thank you

intervals.icu excels when used on desktop but again you (and your athletes) can very easily use ios built-in function of creating an app from a site in safari, it is easy and works really well. On android you can just use your chrome to visit the page. Intervals.icu was created as a webpage from beginning so you will get all the features when visiting from your mobile device via web browser. It has some advantages and disadvantages but overall it works really well. Apps that you were asking about at the beginning are just made as a support apps and they pull some data from intervals.icu and give access to limited functionality but are great to track main stats like fitness, fatigue etc.

Not sure about the details but even if the app come in the future, it will be probably some kind of a web wrapper, writing an app from a scratch with all the functionality, and making it work standalone would be really a very complicated task to do, just making the graphics work on diffrent androidscreen sizes and resolutions is an absurd amount of work. On top of that Intervals.icu supports a wide variety of different apps and health platforms and is very open where apps like TP are much more simpler (from connection point of view) and excel bc device producers like to advertise their bike computers as TP ready etc. so they take a lot of software work on themselves. Just two different approaches, intervals.icu has much wider range of possibilities but is hard to translate into an app without simplification. TP is much more polished but is limiting in some other areas.

On Android, you can open Intervals in Chrome and “Add to the Home Screen” - the site then functions as well as a native app. Your athletes should be able to do any function available on the web version through their phones.

In terms of setting RPE:

And for notes: you can set a description and other metadata:

before adding a free-text note: