Bike and other gear usage tracking

That works, but now I can not track the distance of the chain since purchase. Well guess I have to use this workaround then. Thanks.

No, that´s not just a workaround. it will count since installation date and independent of this you can reset the reminder for example a chain check or reoiling. the counter of the component will count further. only if you select one of the three options (remove, delete…) under ACTIONS in the component itself it will have an impact to the chain in this example.

Hi @david ,

At least it could add the activity type inside the component.
So first we have the component added to a gear

and than we would add the activity type to a component . e.g. I would add virtual rides and rides tagged with trainer to count to the Trainer tyre.

tks.

Hello, could you add a option to link the powermeter ID to a bike, to select automatically the bike after an ride?

1 Like

There is a component type “Power Meter”. My plan is to add PM ID to that. There is still an issue if you have the same bike and PM with different configurations (e.g. wheels).

2 Likes

Is it possible to swap tires without retiring (hah) them? I have 4 sets of gravel tires that I swap between depending on conditions. And it seems like I have to either retire the component, or create a separate gear.
Opening the component from the gear gives a ‘Delete’ option, but it sounds like it will delete the component completely, not just delete it from the gear.

(and just confirmed that it does actually delete the component)

Ooh forgot about that. I will add a “Remove from …” option.

I added remove from:

2 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks for the quick update!

1 Like

Could you please add the possibility to remove a component on a given date? I swapped my tires 3 month ago and would like to remove the component for the last 3 month backwards. Or is there any other option?

I haven’t been using this but I think you can achieve what you say by going to the Activity List View and selecting Edit - Edit - Gear

First select the activities on which you want to change the gear.

That didn’t work for me.
I changed the gear with the current tyre installed. But then my older tyre stayed on the same km obviously. I pressed calculate und then it was 0.

When you replace a component you need to replace it from whatever gear it is on. Replacing a component will retire it (remove it from any gear and set status to retired) and replace it with a new component copied from the old one (all reminders carried over).

Retired components are kept as history so you can see how long things last:

So I have a reminder set on my chain to check wear after 3300km.

1 Like

This would be nice also for sensors (your Accessories) if that information is available from upstream. Have an ID field for those and if a given accessory is detected and used uniquely in a gear setup you’ll know which bike was used.

1 Like

Is there a way to add both bike and shoes to default gear for cycling? At the moment it looks like only my bike Is getting tracked. Cheers!

I was wondering if anyone would invest in bike tracking and a recording device for your children’s bikes or any other bikes like these. So that when they go on rides you can see where they are and you have a recording to see what happened. Or to also put the recording device on your bike so that you can record your ride together.
I’m working on a product and just want to know if families is a market we should look into!

You can add “Cycling Shoes” as a component to your bike.

1 Like

Thanks David! Problem solved

Is there a way to set the date of actions like Retire, Replace, Remove From? This would make it easier to do the initial historical setup, or recover from a situation where one forgot to record a swap and went on some rides before realizing it.

1 Like

Hm. I dug around a little more and found that I can set the Retired date of a component using the API. But this doesn’t seem to update the usage counters (distance/time) of the component at all. And pressing “Calculate” doesn’t seem to do anything for a retired component, since it’s not part of any gear.

What I’m trying to accomplish is to enter historical dates on components (e.g. Chain X was in use from 2022-01-01 to 2022-07-01) and get the distance/time counters updated based on the activities that occured in that time window. Is this possible somehow?