Bike and other gear usage tracking

I created a cassette component named “kicker 11-28” and set it on an bike gear without wheelset so it tracks chain and cassette usage.

But this is the same like to add a trainer… do you change your created cassette between the trainings on the same bike? for what is the TRAINER option and how is it used? indoor activities automatic hooked TRAINER so it would be useful to define the standard TRAINER to add it for the sessions. The rest of the bike is the same used outdoor, so it would not useful to created another bike in my opinion, or i have to create a complete bike with all components including frame a.s.o… sure it is possible but not so comfortable… i would prefer just to add the wear parts to the bike and with the indoor marker to and maybe another config like TRAINER add, Wheel removed

1 Like

You should be able to set your trainer as the default gear for indoor rides in /settings and then it should apply to Virtual Rides and others with the trainer flag set. Did that not work?

1 Like

Okay, so I need to define a complete configuration set of another bike for this, checked. I was hoping to configure a standard set for a bike (frame with the fixed components) and this set plus e.g. the wheels for outdoors and in combination with the trainer for indoors. So the base bike would be counted under one ID and only the removable components would be counted depending on indoor or outdoor use. This would make it easier to switch to another bike for indoor use, for example. select only the complete bike plus indoor option for the trainer.

So I thought I had set my gear components correctly, but I seem to have 2 issues with ongoing activities:

1. when completing a new activity, the default gear didn’t get picked up (I did both indoor and outdoor ride and I had to manually click on the activity icon)
  2. my chain reminders do not seem to track progress (the km number of the component did go up, but the reminder km did not)
    Anyone having similar issues ?

Your activities are coming from Strava so Intervals.icu will use the Strava bike/shoes instead of the default.

I am busy investigating the reminder update issue.

For me it is only importing half of my gears, and more importantly it did import some gear I’m not using anymore, but didn’t import some of the one I’m currently using.
Are you aware of this issue with other people?

I figured this one out. The reminders keep a “starting” distance/time etc that is taken from the gear or component the reminder is on. You reduced the distance on the chain after adding the reminder. I have updated things so the starting distance on the reminder will be update for this case. I clicked “Reset” on your reminders to get them going again.

The Strava import is very simple. It just pulls in all bikes and shoes. I am not sure how any could be left out?

Also don’t know but I have this problem

Ah you can retire those in Intervals.icu:

retire is not really a problem, but the missing import is the issue

Thank you David. I actually went on Strava yesterday and deleted all my gear which were set up there long ago. I never stayed on top of it or really used it, until now with Intervals feature I see the value (and ease) of tracking usage of some components.

I did a workout tonight and since Strava didn’t allocate a default gear to it, Invervals default indoor gear was correctly picked up (#1 solved).

It also picked up the distance for chain usage so on a go forward basis my issue #2 should be solved as well. I had reduced the distance on the chain because it was brand new !

Thank you! You just gained a new supporter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yesterday i rode on FULGAZ. intervals/garmin/strava upload/sync worked well, trainer option was hooked automatic but intervals didn´t select my indoor configured bike. The ride was signed as virtual ride. is there a difference between virtual ride and/or indoor tag on strava for intervals? i thought virtual ride will automatic select the indoor equiment/bike. nevertheless it was explored as virtual ride and if add the indoor tag in the acticity overview. For what is the trainer option?

Your ride for yesterday (Sunday) came from Strava. For rides from Strava Intervals.icu uses whatever gear Strava says instead of the default. This is the 2nd time this has come up so maybe I should just ignore the Strava gear?

2 Likes

Is it possible to add a reminder for gear lets say 1 week after I waxed the chain because I forgot to add the reminder? Somehow I am only able to set the reminder from the day it was added.

1 Like

You add a reminder to your components (time, activities or days)

Yes, but here is my problem

• chain was waxed April 15th
  • forgot to ad the reminder
  • tried to ad the reminder on May 2nd
  • can not set the reminder to count from April 15th

Somehow it always reverts to the date the reminder was set. It only counts in the future but does not incorporate the rides done from April 15th to May 2nd.

Screenshot from 2022-05-02 20-27-25

1 Like

Maybe an option to deactivate the use of the downloaded/synced equipment in setting in the strava area, for use of the intervals setup. would it be the same problem if a only sync from garmin? there is the same named bike as well in the setup. i think the option will be the most useful possibility, because of the independent tracking for the other platforms. if it´s not possible i would prefer the entered settings in intervals because of the component feature, that´s resolves perfectly a multiple desire to track not only a complete bike, but all of its components separate.

Yep, tried that 20 times. Whenever I confirm an reopen the reminder it keeps May 2nd as the date.

Sorry, misunderstood the problem.
So you want a reminder after 300km after installation?
Have you entered the date you bought/installed in the component area and hit “calculate”.
This will calculate the used time/km since you installed the component.
Does this solve your problem?