Background sync of planned workouts to Apple Watch

Hi Spencer,

thanks for the great app, the Apple Watch workout sync is exactly what I was looking for. I plan my runs automatically (Home Assistant pushes them to my intervals.icu calendar via the API), and the auto-sync setting works nicely, but only when I open the app.

Since the app already receives silent push notifications for new activities and wellness data, would it be possible to also run the planned-workout sync in the background – either when a planned workout is created or changed, or via background app refresh (e.g. every few hours)? Alternatively, a Shortcuts action like “Sync planned workouts to Apple Watch” would also let users automate it.

That would make the whole planning → watch pipeline fully hands-free. Happy to test a TestFlight build.

Thanks a lot!
Tim

A post was merged into an existing topic: Intervals Companion v3 updates for Apple Health and workout syncing