Welcome.
Is the ‘Ra’ field public?
The search engine in ‘Activities/Fields’ does not find this field :/.
regards
Welcome.
Is the ‘Ra’ field public?
The search engine in ‘Activities/Fields’ does not find this field :/.
regards
Hi Inigo.
In the latest version v0.100.00, in the ‘Auxiliary data2’ field selecting ‘Respiration rate’ displays the field screen in the unit ‘Art%’ i.e. artifacts.
Generally it doesn’t matter much, as respiration is displayed in the central position in the bottom row anyway, so it’s unlikely anyone will duplicate the same information on the same screen ![]()
BTW - respect for the continuous and relentless work on ‘AlphaHRV’!
regards
Version 0.100.00 shows on my Edge 530.
Yes, it is.
Be sure you enable saving Ra to fit file and Ra alert in settings
There is a single version, although some features are enabled depending on the device
Thank you for your reply.
I was looking in the wrong place (Fields) ![]()
I scrolled through the posts to the ‘top’ and noticed the post by my colleague @MedTechCD that this field is in ‘Custom fields’ ![]()
have a good day, cheers
My outside rides (last weekend only) had AlphaHRV running, but both times it failed to give a Readiness score. My indoor workouts for the last 2 weeks, plus the weekend before, all gave a readiness score.
Is there something I’m missing?
Outside rides had some freewheeling, but not 5-mins worth (as mentioned in the notes).
I checked the coasting time (based on cadence = 0) in the first 20-mins and 25-mins, and adds up to:
@Inigo_Tolosa if you want to view my data, let me know.
It’s not a serious problem for me (yet), but if it helps you solve problems, I’m happy to share.
Are you checking coasting time looking at cadence because you don’t use powermeter outdoors?
In that case, you won’t receive Ra assessment outdoors, because it is based on power/a1 analysis.
Is it that way?
If you use power meter, probably any of the other conditions is not reached
mean a1<1.4
mean power coherent with last 21 days data.
Thanks, I am using a PM outdoors.
I’ll check the other conditions.
Then probably your mean power output during first 20 min is quite different outdoors/indoors. Including more outdoors activities should extend the reference range. Let me know if it works after some additional activity
Thanks again.
I try to keep the power consistent, but a trainer is much easier to keep it consistent. Outdoors is a little more variable due to the terrain. Indoors is 3-4 times per week, and outdoors is 1-2 per week.
It doesn’t matter if power is not constant. But in order to prevent extrapolating so far, the activity’s (a1, power) must be into the range of (or close to) reference activities. If most of them are indoors, it could happen that a single outdoors differs significantly. Collecting different activities in the 21 days period should solve it
Hello Inigo,
I’ve been experimenting with this app and was wondering if there is any documentation or a FAQ available for people that want to start using it. So far I’ve been searching and reading the topics on this forum about alphaHRV but it has been time consuming and sometimes frustrating to find answers. A few days ago I finally gave up on it because the values I was seeing did not seem correct (like, at all).
I think rather than more features, good documentation or an FAQ would be most valuable at this point.
For instance:
Como de fiable es tomar única y exclusivamente el dato de ALPHA HRV para entrenar aeróbico?? Habría que unirlo a más datos??
I’ve been reading how the Readiness Score is calculated from the link in a earlier post from @Inigo_Tolosa and saw that
“The mean is taken over the first 10 minutes for running (20 min for cycling) and it is calculated for each of the last 21 workouts”
I can understand how the last workouts can be used if you are using AI Endurance but wondered how that is done if you are just using a Garmin with another training platform.
Anyone?
alphaHRV stores locally in your device the mean values and time stamp for your last 21 activities.
It uses these data as reference, but cannot consider any activity where it has not been involved.
No se puede entrenar solo con DFA y menos si ni siquiera hay unos datos para establecer un umbral y más sabiendo que 0.75 no es ni umbral aeróbico ni nada por el estilo
+1 for this pretty please.
I can’t wait to start using alphaHRV; but sadly having no luck at the moment.
I’m pretty sure that my issue have been dealt with elsewhere but having no luck finding an answer. A central FAQ/documentation/wiki would be amazing.
Now the issue at hand:
alphaHRV version 0.100.15 installed on both Edge 1040 unit and Fenix 7X Solar.
HRM: HRM Pro+
The Edge connects to the HRM Pro+ via BLE and AlphaHRV connects to the HRM via ANT+
On the Fenix everything connects via ANT+.
AlphaHRV seems to works correctly up to a point: on both Edge and Fenix, it seems to connect appropriately to my HRM PRo+ and starts capturing data. On my Edge 1040, the data capture gets stuck at 3% without displaying a DFA-1
value (PWR and HR values display appropriately). On the Fenix 7X things are a bit better in that the capture data percentage progresses slowly. I finished a 60min activity yesterday and the data capture was at 25%.
The session was recorded on an indoor trainer and Zwift (connects via ANT+).
Is this a channel issue or am I missing something else?
Many thanks for your hard work on this @Inigo_Tolosa and the team here. Its greatly appreciated!
The ‘Capture data’ stage is the initial stage to gather enough data for the first measurement window of 2 minutes. It should be done in approximately 2 minutes and then you should get a1 values.
Do you have another HR strap or can you test with one from a friend? Looks like there might be loads of artefacts which disturb data collection.
Aha… I’ve got a Scosche Rhythm24 which has dedicated HRV mode that I can use. I will try that later.