Add eftp for running

is there a way to add eftp automatic calculation for running.
i cycle and i have been recently running as well .

i want my cycling eftp/ftp unaffected and have a value for running.

1 Like

If you capture an FTP value and power training zones for running that will enable power analysis including eFTP.

that was actually my question? for cycling i did not have to put anything or capture anything. it did it for itself. i calculated a ride ftp and then predicted an eftp.

is it possible to do the same for running? i do not even know how to do an ftp test for running…? running all out 20m? or do a 5k tt?

I find that, like cycling, all-out time trials are the best way* to determine CP/FTP. Unless you know how to identify threshold by feel, or if you keep any of the available math models updated with a variety of all-out efforts.

I typically use 3, 10, and ~20-40 minutes as my three trials. The 3 and 10 minute trials guide my effort on the 20minute+ trial.

We mostly do
impromptu hard efforts during training runs depending on how fresh we are. Works quite well for us.

i never did an ftp or added ftp values to my cycling activities. intervals calculated it itself.
i am never confident on doing ftp tests i don’t know if i am going too hard or too conservative.
so i was glad with the intervals feature to calculate an eftp. out of the box but it does not seem to be the same for running.
so my question is how can i enable eftp for running activities.

You need to capture an FTP here (just guess to start):

That will enable power analysis for runs, including eFTP.

I did add an ftp of 250 an then reanalyzed data then it did this to the power graphs:

is that the intended outcome? is something is wrong?

That means your FTP is too low and the power has been clipped because it looks like spikes.

Intervals.icu uses a curve based on your FTP to identify and correct power spikes. Some cycling power meters do weird things when they are running out of batteries and so on.

you told me to guess an ftp in order to have an eftp calculated. for running. so i put something.

i do not understand why you speak about cycling powermeter if this is running activity. not cycling.

Put in a reasonable number for running FTP. The spike algorithm was implemented for cycling power, but works exactly the same for running and other sports.
On the activity page add the chart ‘RAW Power’ which will show unmodified power from your device.

The screenshot shows a steady state effort. If this was an all out effort, use the average from the RAW power as FTP. If it was a tempo effort, FTP should be even higher. You can also set the Power Spikes adjustment way higher. Like 80% for example. This will cause no problems if your power device works perfectly.