Add custom fitness plots to the calendar

Values from plots on custom charts on the /fitness page can now be added to the calendar. In this example I have added a custom chart showing work done per day (kJ) and the total for each week:

To display this data on the calendar click the dot dot dot menu and tick the “Show on calendar” box. Then choose where and how it should be displayed. In this case the Sunday value is displayed in the weekly summary area and in the week popup.

This feature can also be controlled from the calendar page. Click the “Fitness” button in “Options”:

The toolbar shows all the plots from all of your custom fitness charts.

Click the checkboxes to add/remove items from the calendar. To show total work in kJ for each day tick the “Work As is” box and tick all the days and change the week options to “None”:

In this screenshot I have also enabled a 7 day moving average of weight displaying the Monday value in the week summary.

This is where the data appears in the week popup:

Another example plotting “Form” (TSB) on each day:

Best 4 minute power for the last 42 days:

26 Likes

Does this function only read from the completed workouts, or would it function to ascribe TSS values, say, to specific days — or would that action still need to be performed in the workouts page?

It works with completed activities and planned workouts. So you should continue to assign load to planned workouts.

I added custom plots for fitness, fatigue, and form, and I noticed that form sometimes differs by 1 in the calendar vs the fitness chart. Am I doing something wrong or is it a known issue? See screenshot attached.

No that is normal. These use an exponentially weighted moving average so to be perfectly accurate you need to consider all history. The pre-computed “built in” ones do this but it would be slow to have to load all prior activities for the fitness charts. They go back 184 days which is a reasonable compromise.

1 Like

Got it, makes sense. Thanks for the quick reply.