60+ - A group start

Hello, I’m interested to join the athletes more than 60 yo group.
Regards from Chile,

Roberto

Bien Venido … And I guess we’ll have to keep the writings in English.
My spanish is only for simple conversations.
Send you a Message on the Chat Tap …

I too would be interested in joining a 60+ group. I’m a 75yr old Australian (female) still competing in road TTs and Pusuit and TT on the track but currently in soft lockdown

Hi Liz
If you want to make a dent in sport; be a woman, get into the higher ranks of age, and continue being active.
You are living up to all of them.
I have included you in our small Chat Stream on the Chat Tap, and have sen you a “Follow” request.
Welcome.

1 Like

Welcome Liz! I’ve always imagined myself trying to do that amazing stuff you, and many others up until >105 (!!!) years old, have already done. In other words, I want to be you when I grow up :joy:

As stated in the group chat, this got me confused, so, if you care at all, you may want to have it corrected?

The Wikipedia page have had the wrong link edited …

It’s fixed - if Liz decides to create her own page, it can be linked again…

Hello everyone,

I’m a 67 yo from Australia and I’m keen to join your 60+ age group.
Please add me to your list.

Thanks in anticipation.
Ray Isaac

Hi Ray. You’r on. I’m out biking. Don’t know how to Ask to Follow on an iPhone. Ask your self in the 60+ group in the Chat Tap.

I got 66 today, and have been retired for 2 years now. I have cycled outdoor since I was 20+, during our summer season (apr-sep). I have bought a trainer and can now train cycling during the winter season also.

I found Coach Hughes (https://coach-hughes.com/resources/older_cyclists.html) writing be interesting for for older cyclist. Recommended!

Hi Markku …
I have added you to our Chatline … You just go and pick to follow …
2 of the women are a bit below the set minimum age, but they joined on a special permit … (!)
I guess 66 is the average of the group …

1 Like

Interested :slight_smile:

Hi Alan … You are on …

Hi, @David_Williams mentioned this group to me and I recognise a few names from the Xert forum.
Aged 64. Retired last week.

Hi John, there is also a 60+ group chat group, which is much more active, even if the interface - at least on my laptop- is much more clunky and looks like a 1980’s artifact. I think that @Kim_Bonde as admin is the guy who can add folks to that group.

1 Like

Hi John
Left a welcome note on our Chat line … You just ask to join there …

Hi Guys
Just found this thread and (sadly) I qualify at 61 - I’m increasingly interested in the physiology and training methodology of older athletes and in particular cyclist - I started Mountain Biking in the early '90s and have ridden ever since - progressing(?) to road riding around 20 years ago - Getting into Time Trailing about 6 years ago -
Would really quite like to join the group - but not sure how - if somebody could advice

Ok - just manage to find how - request sent

1 Like