60+ - A group start

I may be over-qualified; 72+. Pedalling to keep ahead of the Grim Reaper.

Sign sprints with him are the best!

Hi Russell … cannot find you on Intervals.icu Chat …
… Sorry … you just popped up … You are on …

And @ Eric_W should be on now

I’m 55 so a little young but you could expand the age limits. There are only 32 women in my age group so I don’t have a big cohort to gauge my numbers.

1 Like

No problem for me if you join the group!

Sorry Natalie … You should be on now. ( was out getting hold of a new old bike … )
Berit who is also 55, have been a part of our small group from the start.

Thanks for the add. I was out riding today so didn’t see until now.

Turned 60 this month. Interested in any discussion on how to adapt as we age.

Hi Brent … You are on …

Hope there’s not a max. I’m 79, and very late starter, and late learner, not an aged champion, but cranking away nevertheless, and pretty happily. Count me in. I’m just amazed what David has put together.

1 Like

oldcrank: damn you! I’m not the oldest anymore – you have somewhere between 3 and 14 months on me.
But more seriously, welcome [for when Kim adds you]. I’ll be sending a follow request…

Hi Bob Clifton
Humanity’s development has as a first, given our generation the opportunity to continue staying fit as we age far beyond anything seen before. Individuals have shown the way before us, I just read about a 90 year old still training for Olympic triathlons. But these days, we seem to be a massive group just continuing doing our utmost to keep going.
Little have been written and the sport physiologist are also late coming to the party, so to get together to learn from each other, seems an easy choice.
So wellcome, you are on.
Today, 2 June 2020, we are combined 227 men over 60 and women over 50 using Intervals.icu

We are about 16 in 60+
Now including You …

I just started using intervals.icu. I’ll turn 66 in a month and would like to join this group of mature cyclists.

1 Like

Hi Daryl. We still have at couple of kids under 60, so you are in with the grownups from the start …

Welcome, Daryl!

Mature? Not me, in either sense :joy: Welcome!

I’m 63 and going faster now than when I was in my teens. Technology has certainly helped but time to focus on training is the major reason

Hi Nigel … You’r in with the old guys. Pick some to follow, you seem to be an avid biker … Robert need some competition …

No, he doesn’t. Welcome Nigel!