Zwift Integration - Could now be a reality soon?

In case you missed it…from the Zwift press release yesterday…

Training Connections API: There are many ways to train on Zwift – whether using a flexible training plan, joining a Group Workout, choosing from the 1000+ on-demand workouts, or building your own via the Custom Workout builder. For those with very specific plans in mind – whether from a coach, or another third-party training provider – Zwift’s new training API Connection will give Zwifters greater flexibility with how they want to train on the platform by providing better integration with other platforms and coaching services.

Functionally, this new API will behave much like existing third-party connections on Zwift. Once the API Connection is set up and approved, workouts built outside of Zwift will pull directly into the Zwift platform and show in the Custom Workouts folder. The training API will launch later this spring with a few launch partners. Other providers will be able to sign up for this open-API later in the summer.

More info here: Zwift's New Structured Training API Could Be Interesting

This can only be good news for Intervals @david!

1 Like

Tx. I mailed them and asked to be included in whatever beta they are running. Didn’t get a response so will need to wait for the public API release, then I will get on it asap.

10 Likes

Have you heard the news about this? It’s related to something called Tridot. Sorry for lack of more info.

Their “Optimized Training technology” is powered by the nSight Optimization Engine which uses their proprietary dataset of more than 50 million optimized training sessions from more than 250,000 athletes worldwide to “produce the best results within a given amount of time and an acceptable injury-risk tolerance.”

TriDot’s training programs continually adapt to you, which is essential if you want to get the best results in less time with fewer injuries. This adaptation also makes TriDot a great first use case for Zwift’s new Training API, as any training plan changes will be automatically synced with Zwift (once TriDot enables this functionality – more on that below). TriDot’s massive community of triathletes and training plans that include both running and riding are additional reasons why it just makes sense for TriDot and Zwift to launch this feature together.

Monthly TriDot plans range from the $14.99 “Lifestyle” plan to $399 with a dedicated coach. TriDot also offers a free trial if you want to dip your toe in and check it out.

No I didn’t know about that. I had a call with Zwift and unfortunately Intervals.icu needs to wait for the public release of the API.

2 Likes

Thanks for the updates. Did they give any idea of when that will happen?

Only “towards the end of the year”.

2 Likes

Any updates on the Zwift integration via public API?

2 Likes