Zwift alternative

Hi there!

Wanted to support intervals.icu, but I first need a Zwift alternative to free up some budget :wink: I don’t really care about all social/racing perks Zwift has, I purely use it to execute my training plan, I don’t even really look at its interface and I am not interested in all gamification things it offers.

I would control my trainer via wahoo bolt v2 that I have but I think it’s quite common that it’s not really working well with my Elite SuitoT. No matter the wheel circumference I set up, it would still show me weird kmh values.

So I only need a cheaper alternative to Zwift that would let me upload training file from intervals and then control my trainer and hr monitor. Simple as that!

Can anyone recommend anything?

Best

2 Likes

MyWoosh is an option.

This thread could be of interest

Do you have an iphone?

Some other considerations not on the list detailed in the first thread on the post that that are, I think, less expensive than Zwift. Non have entertainment included. Some may link directly with Intervals, some not.
Xert
TrainerDay
icTrainer
Perfpro

1 Like

I’m really enjoying ROUVY.

6 Likes

But the freezing videos at the middle of the ride …

1 Like

You can download the video before a ride.

1 Like

Also Wahoo RGT has some free features.

Elite have an app called My e-training or similar. Fairly basic but something like $20 per year, you possibly downloaded it when you bought the the trainer.
Trainer Day is another option.
Everything else is similar in price to Zwift.

Sure I can but it is a hassle.
All streaming can resume at some point.
Yesterday it froze at ~1h17m and didn’t resume till the end at 3h45 …
It’s always like this. Never resumes.
Doesn’t happen frequently but it’s absolutely annoying.

With regard to MyWhoosh, I don’t recall there being an ability to import a downloaded workout, so you would need to recreate your Intervals workout in MyWhoosh’s workout creator

When I tried out out MyWhoosh, I was able to import a workout exported from my Intervals library.

Great! - I’ll have another look

Had another look and still couldn’t see how to import a workout (Windows version).

I’ll do some googling, but do you recall where the import function is?

I’m was using iOS. I’ll download the app again and check later (tonight).

1 Like

GoldenCheetah its free amd runs on windows/mac, go to the training tab
https://www.goldencheetah.org/
you can import *.erg files, it needs an update but it works.

1 Like

There’s Rouvy, as another poster mention, as well as FulGaz and Bkool. I’ve used all three and - purely personal preference - prefer FulGaz. A good cycling buddy of mine prefers Rouvy so that’s cool, too.

Rouvy and FulGaz use videos of actual rides, and your smart trainer will adjust effort for climbing and rolling hills, just as Zwift does. Their rides/maps come from all over the world so I can, for example, ride in France from the comfort of my basement in Virginia.

Edit: and they all have free trial periods, I believe. Bkool didn’t impress me …

2 Likes

I’ll give MyWoosh a try some day soon. I kinda want to get off zwift. I was hoping the windows version might have a way similar to zwift to get workouts in and fit files out.

MyWoosh told me they might be open to supporting other platforms soon, but right now they’re not supporting Intervals.icu.

They have a way to download activities (I believe those would be fit files) from the website, so one might automate this with python. At least for the downloads.

A way to get the workouts out (they do have a bunch of training plans) would be great though. But since there isn’t even a way to get those as calendar I don’t see that happening (unless those files somehow are exposed in the windows version)

I logged in to my account, and I see that I have TrainingPeaks linked.
So I would have created the workout file in TrainingPeaks, and it would sync to the MyWhoosh app.

1 Like

I’m not sure but I don’t think that applies any more.