Zoom to segment possible?

Hi David,
I’m wondering if this is already available, and I just missed it. Otherwise it would be a nice addition imho :wink:
I see segment names displayed on the bottom of a ride graph when hovering. Would be nice if one could zoom to that section. IE: When troubleshooting power meters it’s handy to compare them on similar climbs. I haven’t really found a quick way to do this yer any other way.

2 Likes

Thats a good idea. I have added it to the todo list. One limitation is that Intervals.icu doesn’t show all the segments, it looks for the one that best matches the interval for that hover over.

2 Likes

Further down the line, it would also be nice to compare/overlay segments/intervals from other rides, with the stats that intervals.icu offeres :slight_smile:

1 Like

Back in the day TrainingPeaks supported segments from Strava, and If i recall correctly it would show only your “starred” segments.
It would also automatically create a lap for that segment.
Matching to the closest power segment makes sense, but I much rather see support for starred ones.

That makes sense. Many segments have multiple entries anyway. I’m only be interested in the ones I marked as favorite, which may be a stretch that contains multiple (shorter) entries.

About zooming in general:
Is it possible to have the min/max of the scale adjusted to the zoomed segment?
Reason for asking: Say you do a short sprint of 1000W+ and do the rest of the ride at Z2, the power graph pretty much looks like a flat line, while this does not really represent the workout. It’s the same at strava, but I always found that suboptimal.

Thats a good idea and now on the todo list.