(Yet Another) AI Coach - Montis.icu

Hey Clive,
it seems that the MCP server cannot handle “tags” for workouts currently. I would like to add tags in the workout builder so that I can cluster my created workouts in intervals.icu based on workout type and template.

Would this be possible?

Hi B3nschii,

It already supports tags; send as a list of strings,

{
  "planned_workouts": [
    {
      "start_date_local": "2026-10-10T00:00:00",
      "name": "3x8 Threshold",
      "type": "Ride",
      "category": "WORKOUT",
      "description": "- 15m 55%\n\n3x\n- 8m 98-102%\n- 4m 55%\n\n- 10m 50%",
      "tags": ["threshold", "template-3x8"]
    }
  ]
}

Clive

Oh wait, in workout builder - my bad - will add that.

1 Like

Now added - it was a straightforward change as we already did this behind the scenes, just never made it editable.

Clive

1 Like

Thanks so much! When triggering it via a LLM (in my case Claude) the tags were not created correctly. I will try it again but it always provided me the tag in the description field, not in the explicit tag field. I will report back if its working. Maybe the Claude environment had a hickup here.

You’re not going, mad. The MCP Schema is frozen right now whilst LLMs review them, so i cannot change the way Claude sees the schema, however if you add “tags”: it will write. just overrule Claude.