I’ve read through the list of threads regarding uploading of Workouts to the Wahoo head unit (Bolt for me) and I have some insights/findings and a question.
I am using the manual method of downloading a .MRC file and manually adding it to my Wahoo Bolt via USB to the ‘plans’ folder.
I am able to see my Workouts on the Wahoo and execute them…BUT here are some observations:
- In order for a workout to appear/sync to the Wahoo, it MUST contain Power target/target range in at least 1 step of the workout.
- If it has NO power target(s) in any steps, the Workout won’t appear in the list of Planned Workouts even with a ‘sync’
- The Target Power (Watts) shows up on the Wahoo “Target W” field correctly. If you have a "Target Power Range, the Wahoo takes (roughly) the mid-point of the range and shows it as your “Target W”.
- If you have steps in your work out which have Power target(s) and steps which are HR or Cadence targets, ONLY the Power steps will be shown in the Workout on the Wahoo. This will make a Workout that is (e.g.) 1 hour long, appear shorter as the steps without Power will not be counted.
- Steps which have a Power target AND a HR and/or Cadence target will show up on the Wahoo. BUT, the HR target or the Cadence target values DO NOT appear on the respective Wahoo fields during the Plan execution.
Which brings me to my question:
Is the fact that the HR nor the Cadence target(s) on ANY step in my workout not being shown on the respective Wahoo Plan fields (e.g. “Target bpm” and “Target rpm”) a known bug? (I can’t find any mention of this in the forum). Or am I not setting up my Workout correctly for these targets to show up in their respective fields on the Wahoo?