Workout title on strava

I have that reprocessing original non strava file fixes the workout title on strava from a non descript morning etc ride to the actual workout title. Could you make it an option to do this by default for every workout?

Edit. It’s not reprocessing the file but editing the name on intervals.icu that changes the name on strava too

Intervals.icu will generally use the name from Strava if you have “Keep non-Strava activities in sync with Strava activities” ticked in /settings which you do. Likewise editing the name in Intervals.icu will push the change through to Strava.

Do the edits on intervals and let that sync back to Strava instead of the other way round.

Hi David, I have, more or less, the same problem of @ArHu74.
I use Garmin Edge 530 for my ride and my run and I’ve connetcted my Carmin Connect app with Strava and intervals.icu. Once I finish ni activity, my Edge 530 upload the activity on Garmin Connect, that upload itself the same activity to Strava and intervals.icu.
Since the upload finish before I can edit the name of the activity, the perceived effort, the gears and some other stuff, I see on Strava and intervals.icu all the default parameters; even if I make some changes in my Garmin connect app, this won’t synk with other apps.
Is there any option to make the changes I need in one of the three app, and let the sync do the rest?
I hope I’ve been clear.

Thanks,
Mat

This is expected and i do believe David has tried implement some changes to delay the sync coming in from Garmin, unfortunately the webhooks are nearly instant and subsequent changes in Edits (workout title) will not come thru to intervals as Garmin doesn’t announce / propagate those changes and Garmin doesn’t allow edits to propagate back

Create Activity in Strava (assume it’s coming from Garmin)

Subsequently Edit in Intervals

But edits in Strava ↔ Intervals will propagate

If you’re on iOS, you can take a look at this

when you edit an activity within BreakAway, you will have the option of

1. assigning gears automatically to Garmin (default. gears for multiple sports)
  2. Add new gears to Garmin (non-default)
  3. Edit Name / Desc / RPE / Feel and it will sync those changes back to Garmin, update Intervals.icu (and intervals.icu will update Strava)

Could you make it an option to automatically push non strava activity name to strava?

That depends on if the activity has All sources linked like this.
Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 4.40.00 PM

then edits on Either Strava or Intervals will sync both ways. Intervals ↔ Strava and if you either manually / automatically pair planned workouts, then it will use the Paired Activity Name and propagate.

Do you have a planned activity to be paired?