Workout sync to Trainingpeaks

Been loving the workout building on this site except my lezyne gps doesn’s support uploading custom workouts… It only works through Trainingpeaks and Todays plan. That’s why I’d like to be able to sync IntervalsIcu workouts to Trainingpeaks. I would’ve made my own script but Trainingpeaks doesn’t grant API keys to personal users.

It shouldn’t be that hard to convert the output from /api/v1/athlete/{athlete}/workouts/{id} to the required structure (Workout Structure Object · TrainingPeaks/PartnersAPI Wiki · GitHub) from Training peaks.
To then upload it you can use Workouts Create · TrainingPeaks/PartnersAPI Wiki · GitHub.

Tx. The problem is that TP is not likely to give Intervals.icu API access either. Is very annoying that your GPS only works with TP^2.

1 Like

I just had a look at the form and I can’t send it in:

a. API Prohibitions

When using the APIs, you are responsible for all use that occurs under your credentials, and you may not (or allow those acting on your behalf to):

1. Compete with TrainingPeaks products and services in any manner, either directly or indirectly.
1 Like

Which raises the question, how did they ever let TrainerDay have access?

That’s unfortunate… but nothing we can do about it. Thanks for looking into it really appreciate it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I know there is a way to import fit (workout) files unfortunately no way to automate it without API hopefully I can find a way to convert your API output to fit files

Unfortunately download of FIT files for workouts isn’t supported yet, only MRC, ERG and ZWO. Sorry for the more bad news.

I know so no bad news there. Except that TP doesnt even read the workouts from a file I downloaded from there own site so my guess is that “workout” really means activity in their case :frowning_face: So for the time being I will just have to remake the workouts before I go out cycling.

I made a similar request to get access to TP’s API for my app (‎BreakAway: Indoor Training on the App Store) so that the app can upload completed workouts to TP automatically (it currently already supports Dropbox and Strava) but I guess the reply I receive is not unexpected.

it’s interesting tho, I got the response on 19th Aug and up until today their API systems is still under maintenance :wink:

1 Like