Workout Sync from TrainingPeaks

Feature request related to the ability for intervals.icu to show scheduled workouts from TrainingPeaks.

I created a simple VO2 workout in TP to demonstrate and scheduled it for 26 Apr. The blue blocks were created in TP but I entered the intervals as text in the Description, just like you would if creating the workout in intervals.icu natively. The intervals.icu calendar shows a graphic of the workout! (I think that’s pretty cool!)

However, it does not show the scheduled training zone totals for the week. I created the exact same workout in intervals.icu (as opposed to TP) and scheduled it for 3 May. Percent of time in training zones and type of training (i.e. polarized) are shown. Neat feature would be to have the calendar show these for workouts created in TP (or any other calendar that syncs as long as the text meets to the intervals.icu format). Thanks!

That would be nice! Unfortunately you have run into an Intervals.icu limitation in that the workout text is only parsed in the browser when you edit etc. and not “server side” when it is imported. Technically the client app in the browser is Javascript and the server side is Java so I need to do some work to sort this out.

I made a dummy edit to your “TEST TP WORKOUT” and now the time in zones has been computed and updated.

I hope too sort this out soon so importing workouts in any form into Intervals.icu works properly.

Maybe any news regarding this? This would be a really awesome feature if we could see the planned workouts from TP and the graph would show predicted fitness levels based on those workouts.

Imported workouts are parsed now so if you capture “Intervals.icu compatible workout text” somewhere else it should come through.

Tnx David. Do you mean import by adding a calander from TP or manual import of the single workout?

If I add TP calendar it only gives me planned workouts with Name, Duration and Activity Type. This is a problem as you cannot use this workout e.g. in charts. Do you have an idea why it does not pull TSS and the training blocks?

For example, if I manually import a single workout from TP it all works fine but it is just too cumbersome to export/import every planned workout for the training plan.

The cal import doesn’t include the TSS unfortunately. I get items like this:

BEGIN:VEVENT
DESCRIPTION:Workout type: Run\nSteady run\, mainly in Z2. Ideally on an und
 ulating route.\nPlanned Time: 0:20\nActual Time: 0:21\nActual Distance: 2.
 96 km\nSpeed: 8.42 km/h\nPace: 7.12 min/km\n
DTEND:20210924T181438
DTSTAMP:20210925T171300Z
DTSTART:20210924T175438
SEQUENCE:0
SUMMARY:Run: Aerobic Endurance/Strength Run
UID:5547ac1a-716c-409a-b39d-a2828dbcf8ca
END:VEVENT

How are you manually importing single workouts?

Oh, I see. So you get only basic info. Probably there is no chance of getting the same integration with TP as does Garmin because of their policies…

Regarding export, I tested with TP export FIT file → import to ICU. But when you have hundreds of planned workouts this is a pain. I need to test with RoboTask if I can write a macro to “walk” over TP page and export all of the workouts.

IIUC, the only way to sync TP workouts to Intervals is via Calendar Sync which is a paid ‘feature’ of TP. There’s no way I’m gonna give money to that platform. Is there any other way to automatically sync TP workouts to Intervals?

That also only gives the name, description, duration and load. Not the whole thing.

I wrote a java code that puls the data from TP and imports it into Intervals. I’m just waiting for David to enable FIT support or full ZWO support as currently Intervals only supports ZWO planned workouts with power data for cycling.

1 Like

Hmm I need to get on that. Tx.

1 Like

hi there! googled this one on importing workouts from TP to Intervals, maybe on a weekly basis at least? anything changed there? best

Not yet but Snoopy’s problem did get sorted.

Intervals.icu does support upload of workouts in fit file format. There is some info here but use “file_contents_base64” instead of “file_contents” for a fit file:

@snoopy Does this still work? Would love to use it as well if it does!