Workout plans not parsed by TrainingPeaks

Hello,
I’m using intervals.icu for bike workouts currently. I would like to define workouts in intervals.icu then import them to TrainingPeaks so they can be synced to Wahoo where I use them with my KICKR core (based on forum posts I believe this is the simplest path to accomplish this).

However, when I build a workout and download it as a .fit file then try to upload it into TrainingPeaks (TP), TP indicates that it has not detected any workout in the file and errors out. This behavior is deterministic and thus reproducible.

My current workout is to just manually build the same workout in TP the day-of (which is not that bad, since it refreshes it in my mind) but it would be nice to have a working export that’s compatible with TP.

Could you please email me (david@intervals.icu) the Intervals.icu workout fit file and the corresponding TP one. Maybe I can figure out what trips up TP.

Is there any way to manually load an Intervals.icu workout onto your Wahoo device? Would be nice to know if it works.

Emailed. I don’t know that there’s a way to manually load the workout to Wahoo.

It doesn’t look like TrainingPeaks supports importing of structured workouts. I tried uploading a fit file exported from TP. And I found this post:

Allow third party workout files (ERG, MRC, Zwift, FIT, etc) to be imported – Ideas for Peaksware

This post explains how to manually get files onto Wahoo (not sure if it still works):

Also this thread:

you’re right… it wont even accept TP generated workout files.
well, that completely derails part of my plan…

Thanks. I’ll stick with the manual workout creation in TP.

@tudor @david

I create workouts on Intervals and manually load onto my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt.
I download as .erg and pop into the Plans folder on my Bolt. Then sync workouts on the head unit itself. Not sure if that’s what you’re wondering about?

1 Like