Workout Convertion to .mrc

Hi to all.
When I create a workout with defined FTP % the conversion in a .mrc gives strange results.
1st example
A workout created using the zones

Converted in .mrc
as you can see, they are dot and a number after the % of FTP

2nd example
A workout created with the % of FTP
The .mrc conversion gives me again decimal numbers on the % FTP

So, I wanted to upload these .mrc file in the ergvideo software and unfortunatly it made the software crash.
I finished to find the solution when I manually modified the .mrc file to delete all the decimal values of the % FTP

And now i can upload my workout in Ergvideo and play it with the accurate values.
Is it possible to fix this problem ?
I mean, the .mrc conversion gives only the FTP % without the decimal part.

I tried to create the same workout on Trainerday and the conversion to .mrc gives the right number of % without any decimal number

Thanks for the answers

1 Like

I’m pretty sure MRC Format supports decimals. (The decimal are there cos of conversion between raw watt target vs FTP)

1 Like

I have updated the MRC file generation to not use decimals on the % ftp values unless it is required. Also if the workout uses % of ftp (and not zones etc.) then the percentages are used as is instead of being converted to watts first.

ok. I have just created a new workout and convert in.mrc to look.
The % of FTP is correctly convert.
The problem of decimals only appear when i decribe a step of the workout like a zone.

And as you can see on the .mrc file, the Z1 is converted by 49.1 %
So, I upladed it on Trainer day. As you will see, TD ignore the decimal part
Also, to test, i upload in the ErgVideo Software and there is no crash.
Eventually, are you interrested to get the crash logs of my previous .mrc files upload on ErgVideo ?

Why i want to use ErgVideo to control some of my home trainer workouts?
Actually I’m following a Garmin training plan and receive the workout directly on my GPS. My trainer is a Wahoo kickr. The “problem” on the garmin (if it’s really one) is that the GPS (Edge 1030) define the power in the middle of the effort zone. Normally, it’s enough.
If I create a workout with a defined % of FTP , the GPS will also gives a range of + or - 10w around the defined % of FTP.

So, the solution i found, is to use the free ErgVideo software to read my .mrc files. The software drives the trainer in erg mode and transmit the exact amount of FTP on my wahoo Kickr. Very interresting to simulate a climbing sessions with a lot of variations of gradients. By own calculation, i know now the amount of % of FTP to simulate these variations. Perfect to reproduce several Epic Climbs.

I can’t really get rid of the decimals because I added them in response to a user request long ago. Maybe you could find other free software to run your trainer? One that accepts ZWO files would be best. I am sure you could find some if you search these forums or ask.

Thanks again for your help
The free ErgVideo Software runs my trainer perfectly.
Unfortunatly it don’t accept the .zwo files.
(only .fit, , .erg , .mrc and .egv (i don’t know this)
The .fit files coming from Interval.icu that i have tested gives an error and can’t be open.
So, i must convert in .mrc.
I can modify it manually or use the TrainerDay platform (free account).
Could be interresting for the other users.
Thank you

Try using an erg file. That uses actual watts values and will probably work.

You also have the option to ride via GPX / Garmin Course Files I think. When you use a GPX File, the slope will be transmitted to the Trainer and then you can use your gearing (like in real life) to go up the climb.

I don’t know how to do that using the Garmin, but it likely can work. Alternatively, there are other softwares which will do similar thing