Welness Data (Weight and resting HR) copied from last record

Welness Data (Weight and resting HR) are copied from last record to consecutive day even when no wellness data were recorded/taken for that day. Eg. I entered weight in garmin connect last week, since that no new weight data was entered, but ICU still shows this last weight for each day, when any activity recorded. Its wrong, my weight is not the same and should be only shown, when data were entered/recorded that day.

No weight means no W/kg for your activity.
No RHR means no HRSS load for your activity.
Alternative ideas are more then welcomeā€¦

As MedTechCD says Intervals.icu needs weight and resting HR for every activity. What it does do is keep note that weight is ā€œtemporaryā€ and just copied from the previous captured weight so if you do enter an actual weight it updates.

I did not find what is HRRS, which requires RHR for calculation as you wrote, but when I deleted weight I can still see statistic w/kg under power tab for this day. So intervals.icu may not need weight and RHR to be displayed in calendar when was not captured, but still can calculate w/kg in ā€œbackgroundā€ from last captured weight? - just an idea.

Intervals does not reanalyze everytime you open the activity. If you would now do Actions-Analyze, the weight field will be repopulated with the most recent weight. Same goes for RHR. HRSS is a model to calculate load based on HR. You can select it in Settings Sport HR zones.

It would be good to visually distinguish the copied values from the original ones

1 Like

or not shown them at all and use hr and weight for calculation on background.

Hello David!
It is clear that Intervals.icu needs weight and resting HR butā€¦
Is it possible to set weight and resting HR from the latest wellness data?

For example, I sync wellness data everyday using HealtFit app but the ones in settings stay the same.

I believe the one in /settings are ā€œplaceholdersā€ in case that there is no daily (latest) data available so thereā€™s something which can be used.

AFAICT, Current calculation of w/kg or resting HR are from wellness data which, for you, is coming from HealthFit.

I personally think you can safely ignore the one in /settings

Well, ignore or notā€¦ I am reducing my weight at the moment but I do not measure it every day and as the result I can see that my weight jump back from wellness value to the value from settings.

But solution can be simple - just every time overwrite value from the settings by new value from wellness (both weight and resting HR)

1 Like

It doesnā€™t! The value in settings never changes unless you change it manually. Itā€™s only meant as a initial ā€œstartupā€ value. The value in settings is ONLY used if there is no value in the wellness data from a more recent date.
If you have no wellness data for today and performed an activity, the calculations are done with the most recent value in the wellness data.
If you have wellness data for today, it is NOT copied to the settings. You should not pay attention to values for RHR and Weight in the settings because they only were used for your very first activity, and even then, only if no other values were entered in the wellness fields after the time that you set them in the settings.
The weight and RHR used for the calculations can be found on the calendar page if you have it set visible or on the Wellness entry dialog.
On days without Wellness entries and without activities, those fields remain blank. If you perform an activity, they get the most recent values from your wellness records.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the default behaviour and is exactly what the OP of this thread was telling that they donā€™t want.

I think you are mistaken. My weight and resting heart rate in settings updates daily here when updated in Garmin Connect. I am almost certain that the values in settings match the current or most recent values synced.

1 Like

Well, in my case it is like I said. But Iā€™m updating wellness fields manually. Maybe there is a different flow if syncing from an external source, but I highly doubt it.
If I look at the wellness values on the day of my last activity, they are not what is set in settings. I havenā€™t touched the values in settings for months.
The HR used for the calculations can be found at the bottom of the activity HR page if you use HRSS for load calculation. The weight used can be calculated from the metrics for ā€˜this rideā€™ on the activity Power page. Just divide the power by the w/kg value.
Iā€™m not going to delete wellness values to check what my last activity is using when I recalculate but Iā€™m pretty sure it will use the most recent wellness values and not those from settings.
Thereā€™s enough info here for you to check out what is used.

1 Like

Iā€™ve not messed w/ Resting HR or Weight in /Settings for a very long time. My RestingHR is still being pulled/pushed from Garmin Connect and itā€™s reflected in the calendar and such.

The values in /Settings are still the same (doesnā€™t fluctuate AFAICT tho I donā€™t check it)

I donā€™t update my weight hence it stays the same values as /Settings

I have the same experience as @MedTechCD

My weight is entered manually, and is rounded to zero decimals, so difficult to see changes if Iā€™m 79 for a long period.

RHR comes from the daily HRV4Training reading, which requires me manually going to the Upload to Dropbox option. Todayā€™s RHR is the same as the value in settings page. Iā€™ll check again tomorrow and can advise accordingly.

Intervals.icu uses the most recent (relative to the activity) weight and resting HR value from wellness when a new activity is loaded. If there is nothing in wellness at all then the values from /settings are used. If ā€œoldā€ data is used then it is applied to wellness for the day of the activity but marked as ā€œtemporaryā€ and overwritten if more recent wellness data is supplied for that day.

When wellness is updated (weight or resting HR) then the athlete values in /settings are also updated if the new data is the most recent available.

2 Likes

Hello!
I have no idea what (if anything) was changed but now it looks it works as you said (as I wished): weight and RHR in settings are overwritten from wellness data.

But, really I had some issue before that is why I asked and proposed this improvement.

if the most recent value is copied if I want to plot with and for instance running a Rolling averalge the rolling average curve will be busted, because is done using dummy data.

a Bit annoying, it seems that I am getting fatter in the times where I am actually getting slimmer

I was trying to work aound that creating a filter based on body fat ( that will tell me is was a real Weight up ) , but I can not find any weight data in the filters drop down

if fat > then 0 then real weight

the orange dot is the fat %

from that: