Weekly Planned TSS, Daily Planned TSS, Actual Completed TSS

Hi David,

I’ve already seen this topic in the forum (Better plan tracking? - #21 by Gato_Felix) but i haven’t fully understood how the TSS planning is supposed to work.

My workflow is as follows

1. I have a weekly TSS target for long term planning which i add to my calendar in the week view at the beginning of the season.
  2. As I approach a new week (eg on Sunday afternoon), I try to break down the aforementioned weekly TSS target into single days based on weather conditions, races, free time, etc. This might cause the planned weekly TSS to vary a bit if you sum the actual days.
  3. As the week goes, I compare my actually completed TSS versus the weekly target to ensure I compensate in the remaining days for the difference. This way I can adjust a future workout to be harder or lighter.

The current weekly summary does not help with this, because it shows the total load including the future daily workouts (and the weekly total target below). I believe it would be more useful to show the total actually completed load for the week, so that at a glance you can compare it with the weekly target.
The percentage is certainly nice (if evaluated against the weekly target), but I would find much more useful to display an indication of the remaining load needed to meet the weekly target.

In other words, displaying the overall sum of the daily actual and planned workouts does not make sense to me. I need to see only a sum of what I have completed so far so that i know what’s missing and plan the remaining days accordingly.

In my specific example below, I would like to see

• Actually Completed Load 385 (which is 2+50+9+48+152+124 of all the blue completed workouts)
  • Target Weekly load 1160 (already in there)
  • Remaining Planned Load 755 (=1160-385)
  • [Optional] 33% (=385/1160)

It might be that I’m missing something though!

Thanks!

Try click on the “target” on the left hand side. There will be a pop up.
Here I put an arbitary 600 target weekly load.
so… now i’m t 142 out of 600 for this week.

Is this what you’re looking for?
Screenshot 2022-02-23 at 11.37.35 PM

1 Like

Nailed it! Thanks for the tip

You aren’t missing anything. I have had a couple of similar requests in the past to better show progress vs plan for the week. It’s always a question of space. I see you have setup the weekly targets. Did you just do that now after @app4g suggested it? One thing I could do is use your planned workouts for the week as the “target” if you haven’t actually set one. The the week popup would show progress.

I noticed “Ricognizione Strade Bianche” at the end of your week. Are you going to do that race?!

1 Like

I already used the weekly planned, and I’d like that figure to be the main reference instead of the daily planned which never matches exactly when summed up.

The weekly planned ensures the general compliance to the target fitness, the daily planned is just a mean to break that number down in individual workouts but doesn’t really matter to me as total.

And yes, I’m going to ride the amateur Strade Bianche on 6th march aiming for a top 10 on the gran fondo route.
Fingers crossed, last year I got a flat on the second sector but the neutral service motorbike didn’t have spare wheels for disc brakes :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Good Luck and you sure have a packed and long indoor riding sessions :+1:

1 Like

Hi,
we have very varying conditions here in Finland and planning a week is difficult because we don’t know what sports we are able to do.
Is there a simple way to add only weekly non sport-specific totals in terms of hours, load, km’s and some textual information also?

BR Steve

1 Like